Only every once in a while do you get a true surprise debut at a motor show these days; the information is normally leaked a few days before in most cases. Meet the Toyota FT-1 concept.
Toyota FT-1 Concept Debuted
The FT-1 stands for Future Toyota 1. The FT-1 was debuted at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show. There are rumors that this could be the Supra concept/replacement of the future. We can only hope this is true one day, as the FT-1 is a beauty.
Looking at the design of the car it looks like a beefed up version of the FT-86 concept that spawned the GT86, you can also see elements of Nissan’s 370Z, Lexus’ LF-A and a taste of a formula one nose cone.
Alex Shen, Calty’s Studio Chief Designer said in the press release “Our team was heavily influenced by Toyota’s sports car past, especially Celica and Supra, and we sought to capture some of that history. It is an aggressive, track-focused sports car concept with a presence that has been amplified for shock and awe”.
Place of Business
‘Place of business’ is how Toyota describe the interior of the FT-1. I love this idea; the interior has more of a fighter jet feel than a car interior feel. It is very snug inside and the driver benefits from a colored heads up display and a Formula-1 style steering wheel which is very nice indeed.
Amazingly those of you who own Gran Turismo 6 can actually download the FT-1 concept and take the car for a test drive yourself. I love the world we live in today!
Also why not check out:
- Scion DJxBs by Five Axis At SEMA Are Gadget Freaked
- The Toyota Sleeper Camry Is A Race Car In Disguise
- The Tundra Midnight Rider Tailgater Is A Man Cave On Wheels
- Toyota Announces A New Prius With Solar Panels
- Toyota i-unit Concept Vehicle
- Toyota Saving Lives, Announces Pre-Crash Safety System
- Toyota Showcases New FT-1 Concept Dressed in Graphite (video)
- Toyota’s Hydrogen Fuel Cell Car Will Arrive At The Tokyo Auto Show
- Toyota’s Electric Scion iQ: Finally Gets Official 2012 Scheduled Launch