Need strength? Then you don’t have to look any further than the Titan Arm. Created by three UPenn Students, the Titan Arm just won $45,000 and was awarded the prestigious James Dyson award.
The battery powered arm fits to the users arm/body using a variety of straps, and can increase the wearers lifting power by up to 40lbs. It’s not enough to move a car, or toss a soon to explode rocket into space (i.e. Superman), but it should be just enough to assist those with disabilities or injuries in everyday scenarios.
So what sets the Titan Arm apart from some of the other exoskeleton suits that we’ve seen over the years? Largely the cost, which is $2,000 and is reflected in the type of parts that were used to create the Titan Arm.
Unfortunately, the Titan Arm is more concept – a working concept no less – than anything else. So don’t expect it to hit “stores” any time soon.
Also why not check out:
- $2,400 Robotic Gymnast
- 15 Year Old Girl Receives an Affordable Bionic Hand (video)
- 5 Foot Robot That Can Build
- A Real World RC Car Transforms Into A Robot (video)
- All New ASIMO Humanoid Robot Revealed (video)
- Beachbot Project Makes Patterns into Enormous Beach Art
- Boxing Robots Make “Real Steel”…Real
- DARPA’s LittleDog Robot Will Haunt Your Dreams (video)
- Grumpy Cat This is Not
- Husqvarna’s Newest Demolition Robot Works via Bluetooth Remote
- iRobot Face For Real
- Japan Sells $20K Mech For Kids (video)
- Japanese Dentristry and Robots
- Japanese Robot Screams If She Is Poked Too Hard (video)
- JIBO Is A Robot The Whole Family Will Enjoy (video)
- Meet KEECKER, The Connected Robot Who Wants To Rule Your Home
- Microsoft Tests Real (Slightly Terrifying) Security Bot K5
- Microsoft’s HoloLens AR Robot is Cute and Very Exciting
- New Elmo Toy Sure To Draw Rabid Parents
- Not Sharks But Still Throwing You a Bone – Robots with Fri#*n Laser Beams On Their Heads
- Ozobot Review: A Colorful Robot
- Ozobot World’s Smallest SMART Robot Review
- Panasonic Shampoo Robot Testing in Tokyo Salon (video)
- Roboglove (video)
- Robot VS Puppy
- Robotic Women Is Complete Fake
- Rovio Robot Reviewed
- Spykee Robot Can Be Controlled Via Skype
- Star Wars Fan Makes His Own BB-8
- The Amio Robot–Our First Robot Butler?
- TOPIO: The Super-Buff Ping Pong Robot
- Vent-Miser: A Robotic Venting System
- Video of Honda’s Newest Robot, Asimo
- Video of the Day: DARPA’s Horse Robot, The LS3, Just Got Better (video)
- Video of the Day: Watch DARPA’s Robotic Dog Toss Cinder Blocks (video)
- WaterColorBot 2.0 Turns Anyone Into Picasso
- Will Punxsutawney Phil Be Next To Lose His Job To A Machine?
- World’s First MRI Guided Neurosurgical Robot Arm (video)
- WOW Stuff Arachnid Robot Toy looks Bad Ass (video)
- Your Robitic Twin, Because I’ve Always Wanted A Brother