There is only one way to play those super realistic driving games: with a a full on steering wheel and pedal setup. Sure, it will relegate you to ultimate video game geek status, but the fun you’ll be having won’t make you think twice about the social implications.
Today, Thrustmaster introduced their Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit 430 Scuderia Edition controller for PC and PS3. It sports an 11-inch steering wheel, metal gearshift paddles and a magnetic brake pedal for a resistive realistic feel. Connectivity comes by way of 2.4Ghz wireless, while 50 hours of power is courtesy of 4 AA batteries. Concerened about the wheel’s accuracy? Don’t be, it has 12-bit precision and 4096 values on its axis. You’ll probably get yelled at by the wife (or your Mom) for the $250 purchase, but fortunately the 23lb beast can fold up making it easy to store away from unwanted eyes.
Expect the Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit 430 Scuderia Edition controller to arrive this June.
Also why not check out:
- First Look: Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel
- Genius Speed Wheel 6 MT Review
- Logitech G27 Racing Wheel: Too Cool For The Xbox 360
- PlayStation Move Racing Wheel Promises More Realism for Car and Motorcycle Games (E3)
- Steelseries SRW-S1 Racing Wheel (video)
- Thrustmaster F1 Replica Racing Wheel
- Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia Racing Wheel for Xbox 360 is A First
- Thrustmaster Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit 430 Scuderia Edition Review
- Thrustmaster Limited Edition Ferrari PS3/PC Gamepad Review
- Thrustmaster T500RS Stuns, Shocks, Wrestles To Death
- Thrustmaster’s T500 RS Gran Turismo Steering Wheel/Pedal Combo Will Set you Back $600 (update)
- Wireless Xbox 360 Steering Wheel Price and Launch Date Revealed
- Xbox 360 Steering Wheel In A Suzuki