The Tesla Powerwall home battery is revolutionizing the way people store energy in their homes. Using electricity generated from solar panels, this home battery is perfect for powering your home in the evenings. Hey, who wouldn’t want to save a little bit on utility costs?
Tesla has done research on the power-usage habits of the average consumer and has come up with this conclusion:
The average home uses more electricity in the morning and evening than during the day when solar energy is plentiful. Without a home battery, excess solar energy is often sold to the power company and purchased back in the evening. This mismatch adds demand on power plants and increases carbon emissions. Powerwall bridges this gap between renewable energy supply and demand by making your home’s solar energy available to you when you need it.
How much power does the battery have? Powerwall comes in 10 kWh weekly cycle and 7 kWh daily cycle models. Both are guaranteed for ten years and are sufficient to power most homes during peak evening hours. Multiple batteries may be installed together for homes with greater energy need, up to 90 kWh total for the 10 kWh battery and 63 kWh total for the 7 kWh battery.
The 10 kWh is priced at $3,500 and the 7 kWh at $3,000.
Tesla adapted their automotive battery technology for their Powerwall home battery, allowing them to be a lot less bulky than the market standard. Here’s a picture of how the battery might look on your wall:
Tesla CEO Eron Musk says the response to the battery has been better than expected. The company has already taken 38,000 pre-orders on the home battery.
“The response has been overwhelming. Like, crazy,” Musk said in an earnings call. “It really feels like, man, the stationary storage demand is just nutty. Like, worldwide, it’s just crazy.”
“There’s no way we can possibly satisfy this demand this year,” Musk admitted. “We’re basically sold out through the first half of next year.”
You can reserve your Tesla Powerwall Home Battery here.
Also why not check out:
- Tesla Adding Auto-Steering “Driverless” Tech to Model S
- Tesla Command Lets Your Control Your Tesla From Your Wrist (video)
- Tesla Improves On Model S With New “D”
- Tesla May Allow Android Apps Onto Its Center Console
- Tesla Model S Goes Up In Flames For The Third Time
- Tesla Model S Makes Its Debut
- Tesla Model X Plug-in Electric Crossover Revealed
- Tesla Motors Will Release New Sport Utility Electric Vehicle In December
- Tesla P85D: Watch People React to Insane Mode with NSFW Comments
- Tesla Retail Store Hands On, Tesla S in the Flesh (pics)
- Tesla Rolls Out The Model S 70D, With All Wheel Drive
- Tesla S Sedan Test Drive Gets The Video Treatment (video)
- Tesla S Sport Model Does 0-60 in 4.5 Seconds (video)
- Tesla Supercharging Stations Will Soon Charge EVs in 5-minutes
- Tesla Tripling Its Supercharger Stations
- Tesla Updates Roadster To 2.5
- Video of the Day: How To Make A Tesla (video)
- Why Tesla’s Stock Price Was Dinged By A YouTube Video (update: video added)
- Zappos CEO Buys 100 Tesla Model S Cars For Transportation Initiative