The best smartwatch should be tough right? Watches are more fashion accessory than useful item, these days, something the smartwatch trend is trying to address. But there’s another problem; most people are secretly very good at destroying watches. The Rock wants to ensure that your smartwatch can take a beating and still tell you when you have email.
Like A… Well, Rock, We Guess
It starts, of course, with durability. The Rock comes in two versions, a stainless steel face and a tough plastic face that allows you to use it without worrying whether you’re destroying it. But the real fun part comes when you start putting apps on it.
Look At My App
Essentially, The Rock is designed to run any app you have on your phone, from your watch. It’s got Android on-board and a dual-core processor as a matter of course. It also has a Portal App, which essentially translates any app you have to the screen of your watch. This is useful not least because most apps aren’t designed for smaller smartwatch screens, so you may find yourself squinting, or simply unable to use the app at all, with other smartwatches.
In addition, the Rock can handle a lot of notifications; currently up to nine apps at once can bug you about stuff they want you to do or emails they want you to check. While that may not be for everybody, it’s a good way to stay on top of your notifications if you don’t want to pull out your phone to see what the buzzing is about.
Also, it’s got options to incorporate Qi wireless charging technology, just to make using it a little easier.
Start of Watch
It’s true that smartwatches aren’t for everybody, even as the sector catches on fire with Samsung and, or so it’s rumored, Apple in the fray. But if you’re looking for a solid smartwatch, especially one that can take a beating, it might be time to trust in the Rock.
Also why not check out:
- $10 Smart Watch? Fastfox Smart Sports Wristband Review
- 16 of the Latest Smartwatches That Are Worthy of Your Wrist (list)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About LG’s New G Watch (list)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About the Gorgeous Moto 360 (list)
- 6 Caveats You’ll Want to Consider Before Buying The Samsung Galaxy Gear “Smartwatch” (List)
- 6 Things We Supposedly Know About Microsoft’s Smartwatch (List)
- 8 Things To Know About The Moment Smartwatch (list/video)
- Android Wear Adds Smart Watch Music and More
- Apple Watch Increases Product Capacity: Due in January
- Apple Watch Now Works with August Smart Lock
- Best Buy Posts Product Listing For Moto 360 Smartwatch Ahead of Official Debut
- Best Smartwatch for Kids
- Best Smartwatch for Women 2020
- BLOCKS Smartwatch Totally Customizable To Your Needs, Features Detachable Modules (video)
- Chronos Wearable Converts Any Watch into a Smart Watch
- ConnecteDevice Adds Style And Fun To Its Cogito Smartwatch, Releases Classic and Pop Versions
- Dart: Autofill and Customize Emails on the iWatch
- Everything You Need to Know About The Apple Watch (list)
- Glance Turns Your Ordinary Watch Into A Smartwatch
- LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live Available At The Google Play Store
- LG Officially Unveils the Beautiful LG G Watch R With A Circular Design
- Live Smart With Sony’s New SmartBand SWR10, Life Logging Wristband Tracks Your Life
- Martian G2G Blue Watch Review
- Martian Notifier Review: Never Miss Another Text or Call
- Massive Android Wear Update Incoming
- Montblanc’s eStrap Turns A Luxury Watch Into A Smartwatch
- MOTA Smart Watch G2 Puts Your Phone On Your Wrist
- NuDock Lets You Charge Your Apple Watch With Style
- Pebble Time Finally Gets Round
- Pebble Time Preorders Open, Smartwatch Ships in July