There are a handful of tools we need every single day. Generally, some form of cutting edge and some form of screwdriver need to be in our cars, on our persons, or otherwise available at a moments notice. Fortunately, especially if you need to save space, there’s now a tool that combines them: The Kershaw Select Fire.
Chop It, Screw It, Open It
The Fire is not, perhaps, the most complex multifunction knife on the market, but it’s actually a pretty smart design that addresses a few annoying problems. First off, it comes with four bits that are securely sheathed and locked into the handle; you’ll no longer open up your screwdriver only to find yourself wondering where that Phillips head went. The screwdriver itself folds away, with a long shank for a little more leverage and reach than your average multitool. The shank can also serve as a measuring tool, in a pinch.
The smart ideas extend to the 3 3/8″ blade, which can be opened with one hand for easy use and has a liner lock so it stays in place. And, because it’s absolutely obligatory that every multitool have one, there is a bottle opener.
The Right Tool For The Job
It’s true that there are more elaborate multitools, but realistically, if you need a separate folding knife in the first place, you might as well have one that serves as an easy-to-hand screwdriver. As for the bottle opener… well, hey, at least it’ll be a backup.
Also why not check out:
- Best Knife Brands
- Edge of Glory Knife Sharpener Review
- MAG Stickers: Magnetic Knife Sticker Lets You Stick Your Knives Anywhere
- Shiroi Hana Chef Knives Will Up Your Kitchen Game
- Spreadthat! Knife Melts Butter In 20 Seconds
- Stelton Black Knives Are Surely Dexter’s Kill Weapon, If Not, He’s Missing Out
- Warburtons Battery Powered Heated Butter Knife is the Next Best Thing Since Slice Bread