Watercraft are one of those creations where the technology is constantly advancing, and yet the price will never fall to the point where you can afford one. So maybe I’ll stick with the best remote control boat for kids. That doesn’t mean, however, that we can’t drool over it, and if nothing else, the Jet Capsule is eminently droolworthy.
Tiny, But Powerful
Essentially, the ship is a cross between a yacht and a jetski. Developed by Lazzarini as a “mini-yacht”, it’s 24.6 feet long and 11.5 feet wide, but there’s a lot crammed into what’s a relatively tiny space for a boat. Yes, we’ve lived in smaller apartments too.
Made from fiberglass, it’s got a waterjet system that can be powered by either one or two engines, and you’ve got a choice of gas engine or diesel to boot. It can seat eight passengers, it’s got a rooftop sundeck, and a convertible bedroom comes standard. You can even get it with a kitchen.
But what really stands out are the… odd customization ideas Lazzarini has for this boat.
For example, they think it can be turned into a floating store; heck, why not, it’s got the space. Or, for that matter, an intimate floating restaurant, although hopefully everybody making a reservation has their sealegs. Probably the strangest idea, though, is the idea of the Jet Capsule as a military craft, complete with gatling in the back, armor, and camouflage. Seriously, they even did a Photoshop mockup:
Cheap, For A Yacht
Lazzarini hasn’t priced the Jet Capsule just yet; it’s waiting to make its debut at the Monaco Boat Show. But considering all the amenities, and considering the ultimate goals for this, it’s probably going to cost a pretty penny. But it will still be cheaper than a lot of yachts, and it might even come in under $1 million. Which, for a yacht, is saying something.
Also why not check out:
- 6 of the Craziest Watercrafts To Blow Your Tax Refunds On (list)
- Best RC Boat
- Best Remote Control Boat for Kids
- DinghyGo 2 Inflatable Boat Gives You Many Ways To Get Around
- Five Person Exploration Submarine Provides Underwater Adventures
- Kingii Puts Water Safety On Your Wrist
- M/V Aria River Boat
- MIG 675 Hydrogen Powered Speed Boat (video)
- PlanetSolar Boat: The Largest Solar Powered Boat, Setting Sail In 5 Days (video)
- Quadrofoil Brings The Joy Of The Hydrofoil To The Masses
- RC Battleship Drops Real Explosive Depth Charges On Enemy Submarine (video)
- Royal Caribbean’s Quantum Class Cruise Ships Are Getting Just A Bit Ridiculous
- Say Goodbye To Summer In Style With The Sharkboat
- The Ferryboat Gets Your Car Across Any Body Of Water
- The Future of Boating Can be Found in the Wally 55
- The HotTug Jacuzzi Boat is the Only Dingy We’ll Ever Need
- The Kormaran Deserves Its Own Boat Class
- The Super Yacht Sub 3 is the Only Personal Sub You’ll Ever Need for Your $100 Million Boat
- The World’s Smallest Hovercraft
- Wider 42 Transformer Yacht Offers More Party Room When You Need It (video)