The best sleeping bags don’t keep you safe from bears so might as well be one. You will finally have the opportunity to sleep inside a bear with more than one person. Really, we don’t want to explain that statement any further, but we suppose it does merit a little clarification.
Essentially, the Great Sleeping Bear is a multiperson sleeping bag from Cargo Collective. If the name sounds familiar, that’s because it’s sort of a network of websites for artists and designers; they have their own subsites and other items that let you poke around, buy stuff, and otherwise support the arts. And, occasionally, they feature wacky stuff like this amid the more serious attempts to create art.
Thus, this sleeping bag. It’s actually not a mass-manufactured product, but rather made by hand, right down to the nose and teeth. Apparently the project got started as a separate piece of sculpture and the artist discovered that, oh yeah, people really like bears and the concept of sleeping with (or apparently inside) one.
As a result, it’s a bit artier in the pitch than the usual adorable product. The artist is asking that you send along photos and locations of where you’re using the bear so they can be used in collages, maps, and other collaborative artworks.
The other quirk is, well, you’re going to have to pay a fairly high price to get your very own handmade bear sleeping bag for two. After all, it’s not just a goofy stuffed bear you sleep in, it’s an actual work of art, and artists tend to want to be paid for their work. Still, it might be worth it just for unfurling this at the campsite and seeing the dismayed looks on people’s faces. Especially if you insist to them that “If you can’t beat them, join them” is a perfectly reasonable philosophy.
Also why not check out:
- “My Side Your Side” Pillow Cases Are Astute Social Commentary for All Couples
- 10 Out of this World Bedrooms You Can Only Dream Of (list)
- 11 Sleep Gadgets to Help You Snooze More Restfully, Wake Up More Refreshed
- Beddit Sleep Monitor Helps You Get A Better Night’s Rest
- Beddit Sleep Tracker Review
- Bedjet Keeps You Warm In Winter and Cool In Summer
- Best Cushion Covers (26 x 26)
- Best Cushion Covers 20×20
- Best Futon Mattress
- Best Sleeping Pad
- Blood Pillow Depicts Capped Heads, Lays Down Gang Members For Bed
- Chumbuddy Shark Sleeping Bag Now Available at ThinkGeek for $200
- EZ Sleep Travel Pillow
- Get Comfy With The Snore-ca Sleeping Bag
- Get Your Best ZZZs With The Napwell Mask
- Have Lucid Dreams With The Aurora Headband
- Hollandia iCon Is A Luxury Bed For Your iPad
- Is It A Couch Or A Bunk Bed
- Kokoon Headphones Help You Sleep
- Lark iPhone Sleep Monitor Nudges You Awake, Tracks Your Sleep
- Lark Sleep Coach Review
- LUMI Sleep Mask With LED Lights
- Morninghead Kills Bed Head in Seconds, Opposite to the Shower Cap (video)
- Oma Sense Breathing Monitor
- Post My Pillow: Post-It-Note Meets Pillow
- S+ Sleep Sensor Is a No-Contact Sensor/Alarm Clock Hybrid
- Selk’bag Combines Superheroes, Sleeping Bags, And Jammies In One Garment
- Sense Wants To Help You Get A Better Night’s Rest
- Shark Laundry Hamper is the Perfect Complement to the Chumbuddy Shark Sleeping Bag
- Sheex Performance Sheets Are Made By Athletes For Sex Athletes