It’s a little surprising how many people honestly believe the world’s about to collapse. Whether they’re prepping their bunkers or learning how to light a fire using just a polished can lid, a lot of people are ready to run to the woods. Which is where the First 24 survival kit comes into play.
A Day To Survive
As this is made by Taurus, as you might expect, the anchor of this kit is the Taurus Judge, with some customization by Pro Aim Tactical. That takes a .45 Colt cartridge or a .410 bore shot shell, so it’s not going to lack for firepower.
The rest of the kit includes a Sting survival blade, which is three inches of carbon steel; a six-inch LED flashlight; adhesive emergency lights; a fire-starting kit; a spherical compass, and, of course, batteries and paracord, because every survival kit needs both.
Survival Of The Prepared
Admittedly, you’re probably not going to need this stuff. Realistically, society’s not going to implode any time soon. Also, there are a few glaring omissions, like, for example, a can opener or a multitool. Really, that should be the key to any survival kit; you’re more likely to need pliers than a revolver. But, hey, if you do need a revolver, it comes in a handy case!
Also why not check out:
- Best Disaster First Aid Kit
- Best Disaster Food Kits
- Best Disaster Kit Backpack
- Best Earthquake Kit
- Blue Freedom is a Handheld Hydropower Plant
- Gadget Review Daily Deals: Zombie Survival Kit $35, Heart Rate Monitor Watch $15, $270 Windows 8 Laptop
- Get Out Of The Woods With FireKnife Survival Knife
- Henry U.S. Survival AR-7 Rifle
- In Case Of Survival Cases Will Keep You Safe From Monsters (Sort Of)
- Tackle Tough Situations With The Action Hero Toolkit, Let Your Inner MacGyver Shine (video)
- The Archery Survival Slingshot Will Help You Hunt Game
- The Vipp Shelter Brings Design To The Steel Home
- Zombie Shamble in Fear at the Lansky Tactical Apocalypse Survival Kit