When you say the words “Ford Mustang”, the term “grocery shopping” doesn’t immediately pop into your mind, and for excellent reason; the Mustang can do many wonderful things, but it doesn’t even have an independent rear suspension, for crying out loud. Or “had”, rather; the 2015 Mustang is making some big changes, well outside its design.
Held In Suspense
The first is that the Mustang line going to finally join us here in the twenty-first century and have a modern suspension. Finally. It only took years of complaining by consumers and a complete shift in how cars are made and sold for Ford to realize there was demand for this. Right about now, muscle car fans are complaining it’s more like a sedan, so they’re probably not going to be fans of the biggest option Ford’s added.
Less Cylinders, More Power
Namely, that you can get a Mustang with a four-cylinder engine. Oh, stop whining, there will be a V6 and a 5-liter V8 option as well, Ford’s not insane. But the four-cylinder EcoBoost is worth looking at, because it can summon 305 horsepower.
How? Well, essentially, Ford’s EcoBoost line features a highly efficient turbocharger. As we all know, engines are basically powered by controlled explosions created by an air/fuel mix. The EcoBoost crams in a lot more air, so you get more boom for the fuel used. That both increases fuel efficiency and makes the car a lot faster than a V4 would indicate.
Finally, the Mustang, being a Ford flagship, has all the usual Ford MyTouch options, much to the consternation of fans and car critics, although it seems to be tilted more heavily towards physical controls, making life a lot easier for drivers. So, pay attention; in 2015, the Mustang might finally be more than just a weekend car.
Also why not check out:
- 2015 Ford Mustang
- 2015 Mustang Becomes A Beast With Hennessey Performance Upgrade
- 2015 Mustang GT Review (plus video review)
- Ford F-150 Becomes The Bat-Truck For Comic-Con
- Ford GT Supercar Unveiled at Detroit Auto Show
- Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Returns And Is Ready For The Track
- Ford Shows Off New HUD: SmartGuage + EcoGuide UI With Dual LCDs
- Ford Sync Getting Free Google Maps Update
- Ford Unveils Its First Ever Electric Bike: The E-Bike Concept
- Microsoft’s Ford Mustang, Project Detroit, is a Man Cave of Technology on Wheels
- This Ford Shifter Knob Vibrates Like an Xbox 360 Controller To Tell You When To Shift (video)