Check out the best online watch store for some very cool watches.
Digital watches are useful tools, but they don’t exactly have the best reputation. They’re often seen as, well, more functional than attractive, existing to tell you the time rather than elegantly communicate your sense of style. That said, not everybody wants a piece of jewelry with some gears in it for their wrist. That’s where Suunto has found a gap it bridges with its watches.
…For A More Civilized Age
Suunto is best known to geeks of all stripes for their precision diving computers, compasses, and other precision instruments for outdoor work, mostly notable for the fact that they can take an almighty beating. They brought that to their digital watches.
First of all, they’re made to last, with stainless steel, leather, and sapphire crystal. And, for the survival end of things, it’s got a barometer, an altimeter, and a compass built in. Oh, and it will also tell you the time. It’s even got a storm alarm and you can replace the batteries yourself. In other words, it’s more or less exactly what a functional watch should be, while also looking good.
It’s a given that most of us won’t be climbing a mountain or really make use of this watch’s more extensive survival features. But it’ll last a lot longer than an Apple Watch, and it’ll be far, far less embarrassing to have on your wrist. It also won’t need to be replaced next year, which makes the $700 starting price a lot easier to swallow.
Also why not check out:
- 9 Things You Should Know About the Phosphor Touch Time Digital Watch (list)
- 9mm Swiss Watch Would Make James Bond Cry (But Not Your Wallet)
- Back to the Future Flux Capacitor Watch
- Bell & Ross BR 01 Red Radar Watch Helps You Hunt For The Red October
- Bell & Ross Adds Three New Watches to Aviation Line
- Best Online Watch Store: Expert Ratings and Buying Advice
- Casio G-Shock Gold Rose Series Watches are Ideal for the Sports Star
- Casio Metal Twisted G-Shock Watches Can Take A Beating
- Citizen’s Eco-Drive Watch Automagically Changes The Time
- Division Furtive Type 50 Is The LED Watch Of A Cyberpunk Future
- EOS Mixtape Watch
- Eye Of The Storm Watch Is Beautiful, Simple And Unique
- G-Shock’s Aviation Watches Can Withstand up to 15G Forces
- Gyroscopic Watch Winder Serves As A Reminder You’re Really Rich
- HOT Watch Is Essentially Your Smartphone In A Watch
- Hublot’s MP-02 Key Of Time Watch Is Ludicrous
- Kisai Night Vision Wood Watch Has Not Hands, Tells Time Via LEDs Beneath The Wood (video)
- Nixon Synapse Watch is Sensitive…to the Touch
- Nixon Trader Watch can Survive a Bomb Blast
- Nixon Unit SS Watch Dives 300-Feet, Costs Just $200
- Nuclear Powered Watch will Glow for 25 Years, or Until You Get Sick
- Oakley Elite Full Metal Jacket Watch
- OMEGA Spacemaster Z-33
- Phosphor Appear Watch Review (video)
- Phosphor World Time Curved E-ink Watch Review
- Porsche Design P’6520 Compass Watch
- Ritot Watch Projects Alerts On Your Hand (video)
- Romain Jerome Limited Edition Pac-Man Watches