Strongbody Apparel is a Canadian clothing brand that makes unique athletic and leisure wear for those living an active lifestyle. Entrepreneurs Quincy Samycia and Meghan Conyers started this forward-thinking business and today it is a company that others need to take notice of. One of the secrets to their success is their innovative Nano Elite+ fabric.
Strongbody Apparel is as Much About Technology as it is Style
It incorporates nanotechnology from the ocean. The key ingredient is chitosan: a linear polysaccharide harnessed from the shells of crustaceans. It inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria on your clothing.
They attach this antimicrobial solution to the textiles using an aqueous solution, and the nano and submicron dimensions of the molecules enhance the durability and feel of the fabrics. A great side benefit is that it is also non-toxic and environmentally friendly, and even safe for those with a shellfish allergy.
This technology is certified by the US Environmental Protection Agency and turns a byproduct of the fishing industry into a natural and renewable performance technology.
Style That is Perfect for the Office or the Gym
So naturally, the company has an eye toward being eco-friendly and is constantly innovating. For instance, their Pulse Elite Tee (Which may be one of their coolest products) uses wrinkle and fade-free technology, making the shirt easy to wash.
Strongbody Apparel hits that sweet spot between technology and fashion, which is not an easy thing for any company to achieve. The style of their clothing is perfect for the gym or the office. You can’t say that about many activewear companies.
It’s fascinating to find a brand that manages to be so unique and fosters so much innovation. This is a company that you need to keep an eye on because if their past is any indication, they are not finished wowing the activewear world.
The company believes strongly in making quality products with unparalleled craftsmanship. Every stitch, seam, and panel has to be perfect. The technology that goes into their textiles is impressive, whether you are talking about the strategic ventilation, flatlock stitching, being wrinkle-free, or the slimming, body-mapped panels that make you look good and feel good.
Also why not check out:
- 13 Pieces of High-Tech Clothing (list)
- Baseball’s Ultimate T-Shirt Detects When Your Star Pitcher Is Hung Over, Fatigued (video)
- Clothing Brand Hugo Boss Intros Smartphone
- Clothing that Protects Against 50,000 Volt Stun Gun
- Get Your Little Ones Ready For Halloween With the Darth Vader Kids’ Costume Hoodie
- Glowing Tron Sweatshirt
- Godzilla Hoodie Lets You Dream Of Stomping
- Hoddie Buddy T-Shirt Builds the Headphones In
- Hoodiebuddie: A Sweatshirt With Drawstring Headphones
- Jason Voorhees ‘Friday The 13th’ Sweatshirt From Mark Ecko
- Light Up Darth Vader T-Shirt
- Ninja Hooded Jacket Makes For A Simple Halloween Costume
- Pretend You’re Tony Stark With Light-Up LED Iron Man Shirt
- Pretend You’re Tony Stark With The Iron Man 3 Deluxe Hero Light-Up LED Shirt
- Resident Evil T-Shirt Transforms You Into A Zombie, Literally
- Sony Home’s Latest Update Includes Watchmen Clothing, Still No Fighting Engine
- Spray On Clothing (video)
- Stay Warm This Winter With Nike’s Tech Fleece Aeroloft Windrunner Jacket
- Team NES Sweatshirt
- The Swash Express Clothing Care System Will Save You Money On Dry Cleaning
- The T.Jacket and iPhone App Give Flying Hugs and Deep Pressure Reassurance for Your Kids
- The ThinkGeek Maternity T-Shirt Tells It Like It Is
- The Xeros Washing Machine Uses Beads Instead Of Water To Clean Clothing
- This Star Wars Chewbacca Hoodie is Repugnant Awesomeness
- TMNT Shredder Hoodie Has Robbery Written All Over It
- Under Armour E39 Electronic Shirt Detects Heart Attacks In Athletes While In Play, Also Helps Them Improve Their Game (video)
- USB Fan Shirt
- Virus Coffee Clothing Adds 10 Degrees