The answer to the nerdiest coffee table that’s ever existed is here: the R2-D2 Star Wars pinball coffee table. The only thing better than your morning joe is drinking it in a galaxy far, far away. Created by ALTAR Furniture, a company based in Budapest, this pinball coffee table is designed to look just like the little Star Wars astromech droid we all know and love.
Using a built-in decommissioned Star Wars pinball game by Data East from 1991, ALTAR took 321 hours to make this table, which they called “The Droid.” Unfortunately, the game no longer functions as an actual pinball table, but it still makes all the classic Star Wars R2-D2 beeps and boops, and it also lights up. This is purely a decoration piece. That’s a little bit of a bummer, but it also makes sense, since you probably don’t want an actual pinball machine in your living room…Right?
Read: Best Star Wars Gifts
Oh, and how about this for an added treat: the front of the table features a working projector shows R2-D2 inside the Death Star. Again, would you have preferred Princess Leia begging for Obi-Wan Kenobi’s life?
The catch is that this table will put you back almost $13,000, since they’re handmade and take so long to make. So, you know, wait until Christmas for this one.
Here’s a video of the table:
THIS IS SO COOL.
And check out these pictures:
I really appreciate the Tatooine reference in the second picture. In case you don’t remember, Tatooine is the name of the first planet R2-D2 and his protocol droid partner, C-3PO, encounter in the original Star Wars. It looks like ALTAR know their stuff.
Also why not check out:
- “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” Video is Unbelievable
- 10 Top Stars Wars Weapons (list)
- 11 of the Best Star Wars Themed Commercials (list/video)
- 15 of the Best Star Wars LEGO Sets for Holiday Gift Giving (list)
- 15 Tasteful Stars Wars Prints and Posters That Won’t Get Torn Down By Your Girlfriend (list)
- 15 Vadering Pics George Lucas Would be Proud Of (list)
- 16 Top Star Wars Christmas Ornaments (list)
- 20 Galactically Geeky Star Wars Tees That Won’t Make You Look Like A Total Nerf-Herder (list)
- 23 Top Star Wars Costumes (list)
- 25 Top Geekiest Star Wars Gifts (list)
- 25 Top Star Wars Gifts for the Holidays (list)
- 35 Top Star Wars Cakes (list/pics)
- 8 Actual Working Star Wars Lightsabers (list)
- 8 Star Wars Ice Cube Trays That Belong on the Planet Hoth (list)
- 9 Pieces of Star Wars Tech Now a Reality (list)
- An Adult Star Wars Millennium Falcon Toy
- BB-8 Droid with App/Voice Control Wins Star Wars Fans Over
- Behind-The-Scenes Photos of Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back
- Check Out the Latest Star Wars Collectibles and Toys for This Holiday Season
- Chewbacca Star Wars Journal: A Furry and Fun Gift
- Chewbacca Strap Cover Gives Your Seatbelt A Stylin’ Look
- Cool Star Wars Chinese Warrior Characters Art
- Darth Vader Cuff Links Make A Boring Suit Cool
- Death Star Cookie Jar Is Fully Operational
- Designer Star Wars Watches for the Grown Up Fan
- Every Star Wars Fans Needs A Custom AT-AT Bookshelf
- Force Trainer: A Mind Reading Game With Star Wars Sound Effects
- Get Some R&R In The Stormtrooper Lounger
- Han Solo Frozen In Carbonite Life-Size Figure Is Taller Than Most NBA Players
- Han Solo’s Blaster Movie Prop Goes For $200,000