Sony has announced its premium in-dash XAV-602BT car receiver that features iOS and Android supported App Remote technology, letting you access and control apps on the unit’s 6.1” touchscreen display. Android device users get a little bit extra with a voice controlled interface for apps, music and navigation, as well as notification readouts of RSS feeds, Twitter updates, and text message replies.
The XAV-602BT entertainment system features integrated Bluetooth, Pandora radio, DVD Player (no Blu-ray), and a Dynamic Color Illuminator for different lighting effects.
Standard connectivity options include front and rear USB ports for Walkman iPod, iPhone, Android, Blackberry and other compatible USB devices, as well as five-volt front, rear and sub RCA preamp outputs.
In addition, the new receiver integrates MirrorLink for controlling your smartphone from your car’s dashboard, head unit or steering wheel. Supporting smartphones include the Sony Xperia Z, Sony ZL, and select Samsung models.
Optional systems include SiriusXM integration using the separate SXV200 SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit (sold separately).
The XAV-602BT receiver will be available in October at Sony Stores and authorized deals nationwide for about $549.99.
Sony also announced the optional XA-NV300T navigation module that incorporates mapping from leading European navigation systems manufacturer TomTom. The navigation device, which houses the TomTom map on an SD card and works independently from your smartphone, will carry an MSRP of $249.99.
Sony is showing a demo of the new XAV-602BT at MERA Knowledgefest in Dallas from August 17th through 22nd.
Also why not check out:
- 6 Best Car Air Fresheners in 2020
- Best Car Battery Charger
- Best Car Floor Mats
- Best Car Jack
- Best Car Seat Protector
- Best Carport
- Best Carport Cover
- Best De Icer Car Spray
- Best Headlight Restoration Kit
- Best Ice Scraper
- Best Mud Flaps
- Best Rooftop Cargo Carrier Boxes in 2020
- Best Steering Wheel Covers in 2020
- Best Transmission Jack
- BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool Review
- Bmmpr Smart Alarm Protects Your Car
- CTEK MUS 4.3 “Test & Charge” Battery Maintenance System
- Don’t Drop and Drive, Drop Stop Prevents Things From Falling In Your Car’s Seat Gap (video)
- Drivebot Is A Dongle That Monitors Your Car’s Health
- Fingerprint Car Starter
- How to Use a CB Radio
- Hudway Cast Heads Up Display
- Kenu Airframe Review
- Meet Rolljam, The $30 Device That Can Steal Your Car
- The MIRT, or, Scariest Device Ever
- Turn Your iOS Device Into A Heads-Up Display With Hudway (video)