If you’re a snowboarder, then you know how sad you get when you hit the last run of the season. Knowing this last decent on your favorite trail will be the last until snowboarding season begins again next winter. But you won’t have to feel that way anymore thanks to the Kickstarter campaign for LEIF. the LEIF board lets you snowboard anywhere the concrete leads you and lets you turn your neighborhood’s pavement into powder. The LEIF mimics the movement of a snowboard, but with wheels. It captures the mechanics and exhilaration of snowboarding and uses the same snowboarding body movements to control the board.
Carving on the LEIF results in hard turns that cut across the pavement and sliding makes it feel as though the board is cutting through the pavement like a freshly powdered mountain slope. It does this thanks to its light and powerful brushless electric motors combined with an innovative power system that’s designed to provide power in any direction so that you have the freedom to ride sideways, forward and backward. The board can go up to 20 mph and has the power to blast through slides, can carve big turns and even climb hills (something you can’t do when snowboarding). If you want to snowboard year round, pledge $1,299, which is the price you’d pay’d pay for just one snowboard trip!
Also why not check out:
- Atomic D2 Vario Skis Are Like No Other
- Best Men’s Ski Goggles
- Best Ski Boots in 2020
- Best Ski Goggles
- Best Ski Mountains in Colorado
- How to Wax Skis
- Korkers SnowJack Boots
- Mini Skis Turn Your Rollerblades Into Winter Fun or Death
- Nike’s LunarENDOR QS Snowboard Boots Feature LED Lights (video)
- Rob A Bank Ski Mask Free With These LEDs
- Skizee One Person Skimobile Propels Down Hill Skiers Up (video)
- Summer-Ski: Death Toy Or Rollerblade Rehash?
- What Size Skis Do I Need?
- What to Wear Skiing