There’s nothing better than plunking down some cold hard green backs for a shiny new gadget that might make you and your home just a tad bit greener. The SilverSTAT7 is a 7-inch touchscreen thermostat that not only let’s you control the temperature of your home, but will eventually be able to read your gas and electricity usage and beam the info directly to your utility company. It’s not totally clear, but using WiFi it will also be able to monitor the energy consumption of any appliance with a retrofitted dongle; presumably it’s a super advanced power strip of some sort.
The whole system is built upon Windows CE 6.0 R3 and Intel Atom platform. Which means you can also view photos, play music and pretty much any other media you can think of.
The SilverSTAT 7 will launch this June for a yet to be disclosed price.
The Future of Smart Energy Management Arrives with SilverSTAT 7 by SilverPAC, Fusing Together HVAC Control, Efficiency and Style
The New SilverPAC Advanced Thermostat Provides Intelligent HVAC Control Coupled with a Smart Energy In-Home Display and 802.11 Wi-Fi. The SilverSTAT 7 Provides Solutions for Smart Climate, Smart Energy and Smart Living!
2010 International CES
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SilverPAC, a leading provider of innovative home entertainment solutions, announces the preview of their new SilverSTAT 7, advanced seven-day programmable thermostat. The company partnered with Windows Embedded to develop a truly innovative device that features a Smart Energy In-Home Display (IHD) to help monitor utility usage and expenses in style. SilverPAC has long been dedicated to the future of consumer electronics with its visionary universal remote controls and advanced digital picture frame. It continues to extend its reach by introducing the breakthrough SilverSTAT 7 with its commitment to smarter homes and smarter living.
“President Obama has made a smart electrical grid a key element of his plan to lower energy costs for consumers, achieve energy independence and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Today, we took a significant step toward developing the open and transparent interoperability standards necessary to realize the Smart Grid vision.”
The SilverPAC SilverSTAT 7 is embedded on Windows® CE 6.0 R3 and Intel® Atom™ platform and aims to replace standard household thermostats with an advanced home climate control system. The device is elegantly designed with its seven-inch touch screen display that is able to illustrate the distribution of household energy down to individual appliances.
With its IEEE 802.15.4 wireless interface, the SilverSTAT 7 will speak to the new smart meters that will have the ability to send information on real-time electricity and gas use in households directly to utility companies. This process eliminates the inconvenience of meter readings and the inefficiencies of controversial estimates.
SilverPAC seeks to provide an answer to this dilemma by helping to implement ‘demand response monitoring’ systems with its SilverSTAT 7. The concept involves encouraging reductions in peak energy demand by providing customers with an instantaneous view of their ongoing energy usage and utility pricing on their networked IHD. Energy and budget savings can be achieved by turning off or rescheduling the use of appliances for a more cost efficient time.
The device has an 802.11 Wi-Fi interface that allows it to successfully communicate with a home network and Internet services, a Z-Wave Home Automation interface and Zigbee protocol for lighting and appliance control. Zigbee is among the list of communication protocol the US Congress has recently approved for devices supporting new Smart Energy grid system.
In a press release from the US Department of Energy, Gary Locke, US Secretary of Commerce, said, “President Obama has made a smart electrical grid a key element of his plan to lower energy costs for consumers, achieve energy independence and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Today, we took a significant step toward developing the open and transparent interoperability standards necessary to realize the Smart Grid vision.”
The SilverSTAT 7 is more than a seven-day programmable thermostat. It has the added benefit of useful smart gadgets to enhance the convenience of daily tasks with the attractive feature of streaming photos, music and content direct from Live.com and the PC. It even has the simplicity of time management with a calendar and scheduled alarm notices. Through Windows technology, users can control their digital universe with access to e-mail, stock prices, real-time weather forecasting, billing and price schedules for energy providers and more!
SilverPAC is energized with the opportunity to help consumers manage their green energy with the SilverSTAT 7 – Smart Climate, Smart Energy, and Smart Living!
The SilverPAC SilverSTAT 7 will be officially released in June 2010. For more details and information about the product or sales, please visit www.silverpac.com or e-mail email@example.com.
SilverPAC at CES
Media Smart Energy Panel
CES January 6 Venetian Hotel Prima Suites
Go to the TOWER ELEVATORS SECURITY for suite number
Topics and Panel Introduction
Intel – Embedded & Communication Group; Shahram Mehraban, Embedded Energy Segment Marketing and Architecture Manager
Next generation In-Home Displays, where we are headed
Building an intelligent platform
Holley Metering – Bravely Lv, Ph.D.; largest metering company in the world
The Smart Meter today and the future and communication protocol standards
SilverPAC – Geoffrey Schulz Principal Architect Home Automation
Relationship between Home Automation and Smart Energy
Darbee Vision – Paul Darbee Inventor of the Universal Remote Control (URC) and founder of Universal Electronics Incorporated (UEI).
Home Automation and Remote Controls
Visit our booth in the Innovation Award Area in the Central Hall of the LVCC. To schedule a product demo at CES in January, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About SilverPAC, Inc.
SilverPAC is an international consumer electronics company that designs, develops and distributes innovative technologies and products to lead the next wave of digital convergence in the connected home. By embedding Microsoft’s innovative software technologies, SilverPAC creates state-of-the-art home automation, entertainment and smart energy control hardware products that are unlike anything currently available to OEM, retail and customer integrator markets today. Privately owned, SilverPAC was founded in 2008 by a team with decades of consumer electronics experience and the goal of putting consumers in control of the many devices and systems that are part of their daily lives. The company’s innovative products will begin shipping to the world’s largest online retailers in Q1 2010. More information about SilverPAC can be found on the world’s first multi-touch interactive Web site, www.silverpac.com.
SilverPAC and the SilverPAC logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of SilverPAC, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are property of their respective owners.
Also why not check out:
- 6 Reasons Why You Need Wink To Control All Your Connected Devices (list)
- 6 Things You Need To Know About Apple’s “Smart Homes” (List)
- Answer The Door From your Smartphone With The iDoorCam (video)
- Best Smart Home Devices
- Blink Smart HD Home Monitoring and Alert System Ditches The Wires
- Cyber-rain Smart Sprinkler System
- Earth Quake Home Alarm System
- Ecobee CEO on the Future of the Connected Home
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat Takes The Aggravation Out Of Smart Homes
- FishBit Gives Your Aquarium Smart Controls, Water Sensors
- Flic Smart Buttons Control Your Home Devices With One Push
- FlipFlic Wants to Automate Your Window Blinds
- Gadgets At A Glance: Watt’s Up? An Internet Enabled Electricity Meter
- HELLO 2 Fully Encrypted All-In-One TV Companion
- Intel Demos In Home Energy Monitoring System, Works On A Single Outlet
- Intelligent Sprinkler Controller Automatically Waters Your Lawn
- Listnr Recognizes Finger Snaps and Your Baby’s Cries
- MaxMyTv Turns Your TV Into A Command Hub
- NEEO Is A Thinking Remote That Controls Your Home
- Nest Labs’ Protect Smoke Detector Is More Than A Traditional Smoke Detector
- onecue: A Standalone Device For Gesture-Controlling Your Home
- Onzo Smart Energy Kit Helps You Track Your Home’s Electricity Usage
- Orbit B-hyve Smart Hose Faucet Timer Review
- Oregon Scientific Comes Green With The RMR500 Eco Clima Control
- Powerhouse Dynamics’ eMonitor Gives You A Real Time Read Out Of Your Energy Consumption (video)
- Revolv Links All Your Wireless Home Devices Together
- Sanwa’s Power Strip Displays Your Energy Usage
- Sevenhugs Smart Remote: Point To Operate Any Smart Product
- Skydrop Sprinkler System Saves You Water And Money (video)
- Smart Meters Cause Issue In Texas, Drug Dealers Be Warned
- SmartThings Home Automation Brews the Coffee, Turns on the AC, Makes Everything Cool (video)
- Switchmate: Turn Your Ordinary Light Switch Into A Smart Light Switch
- The bRight Switch Will Make Your Home Easier To Control
- The iPort Transforms Your iPad & iPod Touch Into A Home Controller
- The ivee Sleek Is A Voice-Activated Assistant For Your Home That Control Blinds, Thermostat and More (video)
- Turn Your Window Shades Into Smart Shades (video)
- VAVA Mobile Pet Cam Is A Smart Pet Nanny
- VueZone Personal Video Network Review
- Welcome Is The Camera That Recognizes Your Family