Someone has finally designed the tech that will change the art of the selfie forever. The Selfie Arm is here to better our lives. No longer do we have to look so lonely while taking the infamous selfie. This arm will hold our hand all the way through the process for that extra bit of reassurance. The only way it could get better is if we could shrink down and jump into the best photo box.
Aric Snee, who created the ironic Selfie Arm, has this to say about his invention:
Fascinated by the idea of technology and its illusionary ‘connectedness’ and ‘sociableness’, snee and crowe created the ‘selfie arm’. the sarcastic solution to a quintessential problem — nobody wants to look alone while they mindlessly snap pictures of themselves — the product conveniently provides you a welcoming arm. and better yet, it doesn’t talk or have emotions of any sort. you can even create fake accounts and use its finger to like all your images; its not you its the hand! ‘selfie arm’ is made of fiberglass, is lightweight and portable, and fortunately only a prototype. the collaborative project is a direct commentary on the growing selfie stick phenomenon, and the constant, gnawing need for narcissistic internet validation.
The image above shows you the lonely Selfie Arm, a pretty silly looking gadget. But when combined with a human being for the ultimate picture…Well, let’s just say the results are like nothing you’ve ever seen. The most unique selfies ever taken look like this:
This time with a little more sass:
And finally, in case you’re still not sure how it works, someone took a picture of the model taking a selfie in super meta form:
Yes, very fancy. And kind of romantic in a weird way.
It doesn’t actually look like the Selfie Arm is for sale. It’s merely a concept piece, an ironic piece of art that won’t soon be forgotten. Thank you, Selfie Arm, for showing us that there’s hope in the flash of a cell phone camera.
Also why not check out:
- Action-Oriented V.360 Cam Takes Full Panorama Video
- Bubl Is The First True 360-Degree Camera
- DJI Ronin Is A Free-Floating Gimbal To Achieve A Better Shot
- DSLR Red Dot Sight Makes For Killer Wildlife Photography
- Elephant Steady Keeps Your iPhone Video Smooth As Silk
- Get Better Photography Lighting With Pocket Spotlight
- Gnarbox Lets You Edit Video Without The Computer
- GoRigIt Combines Your Two Favorite Cameras
- iStabilizer Dolly for Smartphones Review
- One-Person Photography Studio via DIY Flash Backpack
- Snappgrip Wireless Bluetooth Camera Remote Shutter Release Controller Review
- Suitcase Photo Booth
- The Joby Action Jib Gives You High-Flying Shots On The Cheap
- This Handy Infographic Gets at the Roots of Digital Photography Terms