Many of you will probably have to wait until your well into your twilight years to afford a home with a secret passage way. But in the mean time you can get your very own secret passageway light switch, which instead of opening a concealed door turns illuminates a lamp when you pull on a book hidden in the stacks. Sounds like a reasonable compromise to us, and when the time comes you’ll be half way there to installing your very own panic room.
The Secret Passageway light switch is created by Ben Light, which may or may not be an actual person, though the About us page on the linked site says that it is – the name seems too good to be true. Nonetheless, you can buy one of these switches for $50 a pop, though there is a rather large caveat; the instructions for installation have yet to be completed, though Ben Light says they should be done in a few week’s time.
We’d love to see a wireless version developed, which might be more expensive but much easier to install since it could easily be composed of a module that sits between the light’s plug and the outlet.
Also why not check out:
- ChumBuddy Eats You While You Sleep
- The Insanely Great History of Apple 3.0 Poster
- The Toddler Batmobile Stroller
- Top 8 Geekiest But Coolest Halloween Costumes
- You Can Buy The Hellboy 2 ‘Big Baby Shotgun’
- Your Kid Will Love You If You Get Him This 7-foot Marvel Comic Book Room Divider
- Your Very Own Flux Capacitor