I’m just dieing to get my iPad installed into my car. We’ve seen a few custom vehicle docks from Soundman but until today (actually 4/30) nothing had materialized that was a turn key solution.
The iKit from Scosche is a articulating mount designed to install into most double din dashboards. It sports a ball joint connection that lets you adjust the angle and orientation (landscape or portrait), plus it should facilitate in a quick ‘undocking’ when exiting the vehicle. The double din mount is more than just a piece of plastic as it contains a charging USB port as well as a 3.5mm aux jack input, which is accompanied by Scosche’s compatible cord.
My only concern is that this install (featured above in video) replaces the car’s head until. So what is powering the speakers?
Right now the iKit is in development so there is no word on a price or launch date, but maybe it will include some amplification.
Update: Gizmodo says it will cost $200-250 and include some sort of amplification
Also why not check out:
- 5 of the Best Features of the New Apple iPad Air (list)
- Apple iPad 4 Review
- Apple iPad Mini vs iPad 3rd Generation (Comparison)
- Huge savings on a huge 65″ TV and 5th gen iPads this week in Deals
- iPad Air vs. iPad 2 (comparison)
- iPad Mini Car Install Might be the Only Reason to Buy the Tablet (video)
- New Trent Airbender Mini NT31B Review
- The Padcaster Review
- The Swipe iPad Credit Card Reader is Here