After countless number of leaks and rumors, Samsung Galaxy S5 finally saw the light of the day at the press event in Barcelona yesterday. The handset did turn out to be different then we expected, but it’s finally here. The handset features a new design, a fingerprint sensor and Android 4.4 KitKat with a new TouchWiz UI on board. Dive in to know what the handset brings at the table in terms of specifications, along with the details about its availability.
What It Brings
Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a new design albeit plastic and features a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display boasting a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, a 2,800 mAh battery and comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat as its operating system. Under the hood, the handset is powered by the all-new quad-core Snapdragon 801 chipset clocked at 2.5GHz with 2GB of RAM. On the storage side, it comes with two configurations: 16GB and 32GB, both comes with support for microSD card of up to 128GB.
The handset measures 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm and weighs only 145 grams. Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with an improved 16MP camera with UHD recording capabilities and real-time HDR for both photos and videos, as well as a couple of new modes to play with. On the front, it features a 2 megapixel camera for Skype and other similar apps. On the connectivity side, it comes with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, IR remote, USB 3.0 and LTE connectivity.
What’s so different in the latest Samsung Galaxy S5? Well, the flagship device comes with several health-related features, giving users the ability to monitor and manage their behavior, as well as a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate monitor. It also features a fingerprint sensor for security purposes and offers users a safe mobile payment experience.
There’s no word about the price tag it will come with, but it will launch on April 11th in over 150 countries around the globe on various carriers and retailers.
Also why not check out:
- 4 Things You Need to Know About The Beautiful Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- 5 Things You Need to Know About The Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- 8 Reason The Galaxy S4 is Better Than the iPhone 5s (list)
- A Samsung Galaxy S4 is Sold Every 0.25 Seconds, 10 Million Sold in Under a Month
- Galaxy Note Edge Available Nov. 14
- How to Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
- More Samsung Galaxy Gear Being Offloaded by Best Buy at $99
- Nokia Lumia 928 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 (comparison)
- Official Release Date of Samsung T809 Announced
- Samsung and B&O Partner to Create Cell Phone
- Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 4 Edge at IFA 2014
- Samsung Blackjack II (SGH-i617) Revealed…sort of
- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Review (Sprint)
- Samsung Galaxy Camera Launch Date and Price Announced, Coming Nov. 16th for $500
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 vs Gear 1 (comparison)
- Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Will Need Your Phone To Do, Uh, Anything
- Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Is Big But Smaller Than It Looks
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Availability and Price Announced On AT&T, Sprint Coming Soon
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Review (AT&T)
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Flexible Display Debunked and Other Rumors
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Smartphone Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Smartphone Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Review: Curve Your Enthusiam
- Samsung Galaxy S 4G Review
- Samsung Galaxy S II Review (AT&T)
- Samsung Galaxy S III Review
- Samsung Galaxy S III vs. Galaxy S II (Comparison)