We’ve seen countless number of rumors in the past few days about the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime. Recently, Samsung has released a new version of the Samsung Galaxy S5, which comes with the best possible specifications available at the moment. Firstly, the device is not launched as the Galaxy S5 Prime, but the LTE-A variant, which is launched in the company’s home country — Korea.
Unlike the Samsung Galaxy S5 which comes with a 5.1-inch FHD display, the new Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A comes with a 5.1-inch display sporting a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels, and is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset clocked at 2.5GHz. There’s 3GB of RAM, whereas the standard variant comes with 2GB.
Rest of the specifications are the same, the handset comes with a 16MP camera for photos and videos, as well as a 2.1MP front-facing camera. To make sure there’s enough juice for the handset, there’s a 2,800 mAh battery under the hood with the Ultra Power Saving Mode.
On top of all of this, the handset runs the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat as its operating system with Samsung’s own TouchWiz UI. The device will come in an array of colors, including Black, White, Blue, Gold, Pink, and Red.
The handset was launched in Korea, and will hit major carriers in the region. Unfortunately, there’s no word about the launch of the handset in other global markets, but we’re hoping that Samsung will not disappoint their fans. What do you think?
Also why not check out:
- 4 Things You Need to Know About The Beautiful Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- 5 Things You Need to Know About The Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- 8 Reason The Galaxy S4 is Better Than the iPhone 5s (list)
- A Samsung Galaxy S4 is Sold Every 0.25 Seconds, 10 Million Sold in Under a Month
- Galaxy Note Edge Available Nov. 14
- How to Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
- More Samsung Galaxy Gear Being Offloaded by Best Buy at $99
- Nokia Lumia 928 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 (comparison)
- Official Release Date of Samsung T809 Announced
- Samsung and B&O Partner to Create Cell Phone
- Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 4 Edge at IFA 2014
- Samsung Blackjack II (SGH-i617) Revealed…sort of
- Samsung Epic 4G Touch Review (Sprint)
- Samsung Galaxy Camera Launch Date and Price Announced, Coming Nov. 16th for $500
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 vs Gear 1 (comparison)
- Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Will Need Your Phone To Do, Uh, Anything
- Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Is Big But Smaller Than It Looks
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Availability and Price Announced On AT&T, Sprint Coming Soon
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Review (AT&T)
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Flexible Display Debunked and Other Rumors
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Smartphone Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Smartphone Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Review: Curve Your Enthusiam
- Samsung Galaxy S 4G Review
- Samsung Galaxy S II Review (AT&T)
- Samsung Galaxy S III Review
- Samsung Galaxy S III vs. Galaxy S II (Comparison)