On a hot summer day, the inside of a car can reach temperatures well above 120 degrees. It’s no place for humans, or in this case, dogs to reside. However, since humans have hands, and hands allow them to open doors, or start the car and turn on the air conditioning, it stands to reason that we really never account for these extreme temperatures. But if a dog could talk, they’d probably chew your ear off about problem.
The Rethink Dog Collar is effectively a thermometer that constantly monitors your best friends surroundings. When and if the temperature rises above a certain point, about 78 degrees F, it automatically sends a text message to your phone. The device, which is still in the prototype stages, will require a SIM card with active service, so the yearly cost won’t simply be a one time fee, though Rethink plans to sell it for just $20. Hopefully the device will see a reduction in size, and it wouldn’t hurt if GPS was added to the feature set since some owners have a tendency to lose their pets, let alone forget about them on a hot summer’s day.
Expect the Rethink Dog Collar to arrive sometime in 2013. They say they plan to crowd fund it, so there is a good chance we’ll see it appear on Kickstarter.
Also why not check out:
- “Sleeping Dogs” Game: GTA Meets Tekken (video)
- $1600 Cat Platform Bed
- 10 Crowd Funded Doggy Care Products That Are Sure to “Fetch” Your Attention (list)
- 7 Anti-bark Devices to Keep Fido Quiet (list)
- Amazing Dog Costume: Two Pirates Carrying Treasure (pic)
- Auto Water Spraying Dog Collar Stops Your Pooch In His Barking Tracks
- Bowlingual Voice Dog Translator 2.0 From Japan (video)
- Circuit City FireDog Employees Mod Car, Mock Themselves
- Dog Alarm
- Dog Water Fountain With Proximity Sensor, Fido Like
- Dog-E-Minder Digital Reminder Gadget (video)
- Dog-E-Minder Review
- Dog-O-Matic: Dog Washing Machine
- Doggy Powered Lamp
- Doggy Tennis Ball Sling Shot
- Every Canine and Its Owner Needs this Fold Out Doggie Bed
- Firewalla Wifi Watchdog Device
- Garmin’s Dog Collars Promise to Reduce Barking, Train Your Dog For the Canine Olympics
- Go Dog Go Automatic Ball Launcher
- Gun Leash Shoots Your Pup Dead
- Hypoallergenic Dog Food Guide: Is it Right for Your Pooch?
- K9 H20 Water Bottle
- Kick Some Butt With The Brutus The Bull Dog Self Defense Keychain
- Looking Bubble For The Doggy At Your Door
- Lost Dog? Then to the Doggy Phone!
- Never Pick Up Dog Poop Again, Auggiedog Picks It Up For You (video)
- Nite Ize Nite Dawg Light Up Collar Keeps Dogs Safe and Seen
- No More Woof Will (Supposedly) Read Your Dog’s Mind
- PAW SpotLight Pet GPS Collar And iPhone App
- Pet Poop Vacuum Cleaner