Going for high torque and power, and a furiously unique design, the Renaul DeZir will live up to its name and be most desirable.
Especially given its 100 mile electric range, which is more than weaker electric cars can boast. Its 150 horsepower electric motor is powered by a 24kw/h lithium ion battery – vertically-mounted – and it gets from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds.
Want more range? There’s a QuickDrop system that lets you change batteries in a hurry, while the light Kevlar body won’t drain your power supply uselessly.
A few years ago the first electric cars on the market were bulky, unattractive affairs. The DeZir is a testament to how far and how fast this niche market has gone. In the words of Renault’s Director of Concept Car Design:
“DeZir is a statement of our new formal design language which conveys notions such as movement, sensuality and emotion through ideal proportions, in much the same way as an object whose forms have been honed by nature. The result is a warm, stimulating design that says ‘Renault’.”.
Also why not check out:
- Angel Car: Mobile EV Charger
- Boxx Electric Moped
- BRABUS Creates 4WD Full Electric E-Class Prototype
- British Millionaire Makes Electric Supercar From Lotus Exige
- Chevy Bolt EV Review
- Detroit Electric’s SP:01 Will Be The Fastest-Ever Production Electric Car
- Electric Car Travels 624 Miles On A Single Charge, New World Record
- GM’s EN-V Network Connected Electric Vehicle Is Dripping In Future Tech, But Can It Succeed At Saving The Earth Let Alone Drivers
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV Electric Car Review
- Outrun Video Game Electric Car (video)
- Pininfarina and Bolloré Unveil All Electric Car With Supercapacitors
- Rimac’s Concept One: An Electric Sports Car Built by a 23-year-old (video)
- Smart Forvision Concept
- Tata Megapixel Concept Range Extended Electric Vehicle (REEV) Full of Innovative Features
- Zap Alias: An Electric Car For Under Thirty Grand