You’d think the urinal doesn’t really need a redesign. You need some porcelain, some plumbing, maybe some crushed ice if you’re classy. But, just because the wheel works doesn’t mean somebody won’t try and come up with something better, and hence a Latvian designer has decided what you really need to do is be able to wash your hands while still standing at the urinal.
While all of us at the Gadget Review offices would pass any sort of hand sanitation test with flying, carefully scrubbed colors, apparently there are many oafish barbarians out there who don’t wash after taking a leak. So the idea of this urinal, called STAND, is to make it impossible to pretend the sinks are death traps or something by putting them right there, literally under your nose, while you realize that eighth beer was probably not a good idea.
While we admire the dedication of Kaspars Jursons to trying to improve sanitation across the world, we also are forced to wonder if he’s ever been around drunks or been to a men’s room. Really, unless the entrees are hovering at around $20 per plate, you’re lucky to have a working sink and soap dispenser in far too much of the supposedly civilized world.
Secondly, it seems a terrible idea to put a sink on top of urinal because there is nothing, and we mean nothing, that drunk people will not take as a challenge and/or a personal affront. Seriously, we can see this going horribly awry if it catches on. Although it’d probably make a killer YouTube video.
Anyway, it’s just a concept of Jursons, and we applaud him for at least trying to design a way to make the world a slightly less nasty place. Just… don’t install these in sports bars, perhaps.
Also why not check out:
- ‘Soap Flakes’ Soap Shredder Negates Liquid Soap
- 10 Top “Movember” Grooming Tech (list)
- 9 Futuristic Toilets and Seats You Should Be Sitting On (List)
- ARTAS: Hair Regrowth Machine
- Best Lighted Makeup Mirror
- Best Shower Caddy
- Best Shower Curtain
- Best Shower Curtain Liner
- Big Dumps In Yo Area: Johnny Jolter Power Plunger
- BodyTrace eScale: The World’s First GSM-Enabled Scale
- Corcel N°1 Carbon Fiber Bathtub (video)
- Ditch Bathroom Spray With KOHLER’s Purefresh Deodorizing Toilet Seat
- Eco-Otome Toilet Sound Blocker Is
- Gadget of the Week: Tube Squeezing Toothbrush
- Get Cozy With Your Significant Other With The Yin Yang Couples Bath
- Graff Ametis Waterfall Shower Head Costs $15,000
- Grush Smart Toothbrush Trains Kids with Brushing Games
- Hammacher Schlemmer Would Like To Bake You In A Infrared Supine Sauna
- Hang Your Shampoo Bottle On A Magnet
- IllumiBowl Night Light: Never Miss Again
- LED Color Changing Showerhead with Remote
- Nebia Steam Shower Saves Water with Droplet Technology
- Nebia Wants To Change How You Shower
- Numi Super Toilet from Kohler Comes with a Touchscreen Remote (video)
- OHSO Pocket Toothbrush
- Oral-B Makes Your Toothbrush Smart (video)
- Panasonic Sonic Pocket ToothBrush Will Make A Vibrating Road Shank
- Philips Click & Style 3-in-1 Electric Razor Review
- Quip Ensures You’ll Never Forget A Toothbrush Again
- Remington Touchscreen Beard Trimmer