If you’ve graduated up from the best RC boat and want something for big boys, check this out.
Hydrofoils are an amazing ride in how fast, fun, and utterly terrifying they are. Designed around many of the same principles as airplanes, essentially, you get up to speed and rise out of the water, speeding along on narrow wedges of metal. Quadrofoil wants to bring that exhilarating and perhaps scary experience to the masses.
Get In The Air
For those still have trouble, remember Newton’s Third Law; hydrofoils are designed to have water flow so it pushes down, thus have the equal and opposite reaction of pushing the hydrofoil up. Quadrofoil just does it more efficiently, starting with the fact that it uses an electric motor.
That’s important because it both ensures that there’s no oil in the water, which is good for obvious reasons, and it also ensures that the craft is zero-emissions and quieter than other watercraft. That puts it in a much better legal position to venture into areas that might otherwise be blocked for modern watercraft.
And then there’s the speed. Hydrofoils have limited water resistance because… well… most of the craft isn’t in the water. So instead of having to worry about your boat doing work, you can zip up and down the water, having fun and enjoying the sheer sense of speed. It’ll go far, as well, up to 100 kilometers on a single charge.
That said, it isn’t going to be cheap; it starts at roughly $18,500 and goes up from there. But if you need an agile, fast watercraft, or just want something that feels like a jet-ski but doesn’t ruin the environment, the Quadrofoil will fit the bill.
Also why not check out:
- 6 of the Craziest Watercrafts To Blow Your Tax Refunds On (list)
- Best RC Boat
- Best Remote Control Boat for Kids
- DinghyGo 2 Inflatable Boat Gives You Many Ways To Get Around
- Five Person Exploration Submarine Provides Underwater Adventures
- Kingii Puts Water Safety On Your Wrist
- M/V Aria River Boat
- MIG 675 Hydrogen Powered Speed Boat (video)
- PlanetSolar Boat: The Largest Solar Powered Boat, Setting Sail In 5 Days (video)
- RC Battleship Drops Real Explosive Depth Charges On Enemy Submarine (video)
- Royal Caribbean’s Quantum Class Cruise Ships Are Getting Just A Bit Ridiculous
- Say Goodbye To Summer In Style With The Sharkboat
- The Ferryboat Gets Your Car Across Any Body Of Water
- The Future of Boating Can be Found in the Wally 55
- The HotTug Jacuzzi Boat is the Only Dingy We’ll Ever Need
- The Jet Capsule Is A Cross Between A Yacht And A Jet-Ski
- The Kormaran Deserves Its Own Boat Class
- The Super Yacht Sub 3 is the Only Personal Sub You’ll Ever Need for Your $100 Million Boat
- The World’s Smallest Hovercraft
- Wider 42 Transformer Yacht Offers More Party Room When You Need It (video)