If you were one of the many PS4 players underwhelmed by the PS4 update 2.0, then you’ll be happy to learn that Sony will soon deploy a PS4 update 2.01 which aims to fix some PS4 bugs, including the “rest mode” bug.
According to a recent tweet from the official PlayStation account, the update will be deploying soon.
PS4 software update v2.01 is coming soon, and will address issues some users have encountered when powering on the system from Rest Mode
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) November 5, 2014
Sony also noted that there is a quick fix available today for those that are unable to boot after the 2.0 update. The temporary fix is to boot in safe mode.
It’s great to see Sony all over the PS4’s problems. Last week, the company released the following statement in response to the initial reporting of the rest mode bug: “We are aware of issues reported by some PS4 users following the release of PS4’s latest system software update, v2.00. We are investigating these issues and will provide an update as soon as we have more information.”
Although, one would need a game to play on the PS4 before actually caring about not being able to boot it (okay, aside from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare).
Also why not check out:
- 10 of the Best PS4 Games 2014
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Pre-Order Bonus Comparison
- Introducing PlayStation Vue: TV for Your PS4 or PS3 Without a Cable Sub
- Is this the Actual PS4 Console We’ve All Been Looking For?
- New PlayStation 4’s Being Sold for $50 Less on eBay
- Why Buy Pre-Fab? Build a PS4!