Wallets. They generally serve a single(ish) purpose: carrying cash, IDs and credit cards. So when I stumbled upon the Powerwallet and DOQ and had to do a double take.
Now, don’t get me wrong. Wallets and slim batteries, combined together, to charge a smartphone, has long existed. So suffice to say that’s far from a new idea.
So what makes this product different? The built-in battery, found in the wallet – which mind you includes a built-in charging cable – can be wirelessly charged via the included dock. Hence DOQ.
But that’s not all. Not only does the DOQ charge the included battery wallet, but can charge the iPhone X since both sides are Qi certified. And – yes “and” – there is a spot for placing an Apple Watch charger which can be plugged in via one of two USB ports found on the side of the DOQ. Total footprint: 5″ by 3″. Three devices charged in spot and no messy wires. So put more succinctly, it’s 1 dock for 3 devices.
Powerwallet & DOQ Shipping Timeline
So how do you get one? For now, this is a Kickstarter campaign. So you’ll have to get in line, so to speak. But not for long.
Buy today and the Powerwallet and DOQ ships this August 2018. So not more than a 5-month wait.
Powerwallet & DOQ Kickstarter Price
- Powerwallet + DOQ (Earlybird Discount – first 25): $149 + shipping
- Powerwallet (Earlybird Discount- first 25): $75 + shipping (first 25)
- DOQ (Earlybird Discount- first 25): $99 + shipping (first 25)
Powerwallet & DOQ Specs
- Battery: Lithium-Polymer
- Capacity: 3,000mAh / 11wh
- LED: 4 Battery Indicator
- Input: DC 5V / 1A, Output: DC 5V / 1A
- Qi-certified wireless charging
- Two dual coil wireless chargers
- Wireless distance: 6 ~ 8mm
- LED: 2 indicators for both Wireless chargers
- Wireless output: 1.0A for each, 2.0A max for both wireless chargers
- USB output: Max. 2.1A
- Total Output: DC 5V / 4.1A
Also why not check out: