It’s one of the little annoyances of camping; you don’t have any handy outlets to charge things with. You can bring a massive battery, but those only last so long, and when it comes to weight, that’s not exactly a camping-friendly solution. Hence, the Power Box is here as a solution that charges everything and fits in a shoebox.
True, it’s not quite the home generator you can install, but it’s small and portable enough that you can haul it pretty much anywhere. It works the way you’d expect: Pop out the pedals, plug in your gadget, and start pedaling.
Pedal To Metal
However, the Power Box has a few more ideas that are worth paying attention to. First of all, as we noted, it’s tiny for a little generator, at just the size of a shoebox. Furthermore it’s also cheap: At just $200, that makes it ideal not just for camping but for disaster preparedness, long-term stays away from the grid, and even day-to-day use provided you want to work some more exercise into your routine.
It’s also designed to be as universal as possible; pretty much any smartphone charger or Apple product can be plugged into the Power Box and be charged by your cranking. That means way less frustration in an area where you desperately need things to work smoothly.
Get Charged Up
Some may scoff at the idea of bringing a generator for your gadgets to the great outdoors, but it may save your life: Camping can be more dangerous than you might think, and being able to contact someone and get help can be the difference between having a great story to share at the bar years later and, well, being dead. So, bring a generator: It might quite literally be a life-saver for you.
Also why not check out:
- 12 Portable Chargers That Work Both With iPhone and Android Phones (list)
- 3-In-1 Hand-Warming Phone Charger Is Perfect For Traveling This Winter
- 6 of the Best Qi Wireless Chargers
- Ampere is a Smart Wireless Charging Sleeve To Charge Your Smartphones
- AMPY: Power Your Devices With Your Daily Motion
- ARK is a Portable, Battery That Wirelessly Charges Your Phone
- Bolt Battery Backup Charger Will Keep Your Phone On No Matter What Thanks to a Built-in Battery
- Charge Your Smartphone In Just Five Minutes With Zap&Go
- ChargeAll Is A Portable Wall Charger Alternative For All Your Devices
- Chargerito is The Smallest iPhone 6 Charger, Fits on Your Keychain
- Cota Might Finally Make Wireless Power A Reality
- DuPont Wants To Turn Your Countertop Into A Wireless Charger
- Energizer Debuts Universal Wireless Charging System
- Eton BoostTurbine Hand Crankable Battery is Apocalypse Approved
- Fuel + Mobile Rechargeable Battery 9000mAH Review
- GoKey Is A Keychain Sized Portable Charger
- Gomadic High Capacity Rechargeable Battery Review
- Griffin PowerDuo Reserve Review
- HooToo TripMate Is A Portable Charger And A Travel Router As Well
- Hyrdoelectric Power Plant In A Backpack Now For Real
- i.Sound Portable Power Max 16,000 mAH Backup Battery Review
- Kensington Launches USB AAA Battery Charger, The Rechargeable Pocket Booster
- Lightors: USB Rechargeable Batteries You Need In Your Life
- Limefuel Rugged 15,000 mAh Battery Case Can Survive Anything
- Lithiumcard Is A Unique Charger That Can Fit Inside Your Wallet
- Mili Adds Power Miracle & Power Crystal Battery Packs
- Mophie Juice Pack Pro Powerstation Review
- Mophie’s Powerstation XL Packs A Crazy 12,000mAH
- myCharge Peak 6000 Review
- NFTY PL+S Is the Only Smart Charger You’ll Ever Need