Racing games are enchanced with the addition of just about any racing wheel. However, we’re not quite sure we’ve ever seen a peripheral designed for those games that feature a motorcycle. That is until today.
The Move Racing Wheel is very akin to that of Xbox’s Wireless Speed wheel, which we gave a fair rating earlier this year. You’ll of course need a Move remote, which sits squarely in the center of the device and acts as the brains behind this controller, detecting your movements as you steer your vehicle through hair pins turns. Sony has seen fit to include a d-pad just above the left handle along with a their traditional buttons on the opposing side. What isn’t entirely evident at first blush, is that in addition to those folding handbars, Sony has included a set of throttle grips allowing you to inclufluence acceleration through a simple twisting motion. We can only assume that that latter feature is relegated to motorcycle games, but perhaps it can be used in others. Sony has also seen fit to include a set of paddle shifters, meaning you never have to take your hands off the wheel when in a hot pursuit.
The PlayStation Move Racing Wheel will be available this fall for $39.99. It will support upcoming racing games like Little Big Planet Karting, in addition to PS3 racing favorites like Gran Turismo 5, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, BurnOut Paradise, MotorStorm Apocalypse, and more.
Also why not check out:
- First Look: Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel
- Genius Speed Wheel 6 MT Review
- Logitech G27 Racing Wheel: Too Cool For The Xbox 360
- Steelseries SRW-S1 Racing Wheel (video)
- Thrustmaster F1 Replica Racing Wheel
- Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia Racing Wheel for Xbox 360 is A First
- Thrustmaster Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit 430 Scuderia Edition For PS3 And PC
- Thrustmaster Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit 430 Scuderia Edition Review
- Thrustmaster Limited Edition Ferrari PS3/PC Gamepad Review
- Thrustmaster T500RS Stuns, Shocks, Wrestles To Death
- Thrustmaster’s T500 RS Gran Turismo Steering Wheel/Pedal Combo Will Set you Back $600 (update)
- Wireless Xbox 360 Steering Wheel Price and Launch Date Revealed
- Xbox 360 Steering Wheel In A Suzuki