Meet the new best smart light bulbs for recessed lighting.
LED light bulbs are old news. The same can almost be said for smartphone controllable LED light bulbs. But that isn’t to say the tech isn’t worth a look. In fact, as the tech becomes more ubiquitous its price will drop. However, that’s not the case with Philips HUE lightbulb, which still costs $200 a pop for 4 of their connected bulbs.
But at least you can now opt for a bulb that will work in your home’s ceiling. Officially called the Philips Hue BR30 Connected Downlight Lamps, these bulbs work just like the original HUE, except instead of dispersing light in a bunch of directions, this version fires it down making them ideal for recessed lighting setups.
Of course you’ll get the same energy savings, which is said to be 80% less power than a traditional light bulb. You’ll also enjoy the same color controls, as well as white light control and dimming effects.
Included in the package is the necessary Philips Bridge that plugs into your home’s router. It works much in the same way Sonos does by creating its own network. To control the LED connected light bulb you simply need to be connected to the Web, and have the company’s accompanying iPhone (or Android) app running.
You can buy a Starter Pack (4 bulbs and a bridge) from the Apple store starting today for $200. Additional bulbs costs $60.
Of note, the HUE 2 is compatible with BR30 socket types.
Also why not check out:
- Best Dimmer Switch
- Best LED Color Changing Remote Control Light Bulb
- Control Lighting Wirelessly With Your Phone Using The Kick Light
- Flyte’s Floating Bulb Makes You Feel Like Tesla…for a Price
- Li-Fi Uses Your Lightbulb To Stream The Internet
- Lumen TL800 and LuMini TL100 App-Enabled LED Color Mood Light Bulbs Review
- The IKEA Dioder Is An LED Drawer Light That Flips On When You Need It