Children are giants when it comes to the damage they can inflict on most anything. Really, most anything. Because it’s not the one-hit power of a child that makes gadgets cower and tremble, it’s their occasionally relentless anger and their almost permanent lack of attention that add up over time.
And time most definitely is on the child’s side, not on that of the device.
Read: Best Laptop for College
The $499 PeeWee Power 2.0 has been rated Stallone’s equal as a cliffhanger, and even beefier on falls, though it’s not waterproof – only water resistant, but the same can be said of the actor and nobody’s nagging him about it.
Aside from the 1.6GHz N270 Atom processor and 1GB of ram, there’s an ant-sized 30GB HDD somewhere in there, as well as software to protect your children from the internet’s worst demons.
As Engadget notes, with this kind of hardware, it’s going to be teaching your kids lots of patience. And it does make the PeeWee Power name kind of ironic, doesn’t it?
Also why not check out:
- $100 Laptop by MIT
- $100 Laptop Pic
- 5 Best Laptops for College Students in 2020
- Consumer Reports Deems Microsofts Laptops Unreliable
- CTL 2go Convertible Classmate PC NL2 Now Available
- Dell Inspiron Duo Review
- Dell XPS 13 Review Roundup
- How to Get a Free Laptop for College
- HP Pavilion Dv6 Laptop Review
- Intel Classmate PC (pics)
- MacBook Pro with Touch Bar Review Roundup
- Meet Sol, The $300 Solar-Powered Laptop
- Microsoft Surface Book Review Roundup
- MIT $100 laptop is for kids
- OLPC Donation Update: We’ve Raised $275
- Quanta to manufacture the $100 MIT Laptop
- Razer Blade vs. Apple MacBook Pro 17″ (comparison)
- The Best Upcoming Laptops for College in 2019
- The Intel Classmate Netvertible: Getting Kids Online
- Toshiba Satellite A665-S6092 Laptop Review
- UN Backs $100 Laptop
- Zotac Releases Zbox Nettops