We use our smartphones everywhere, for everything. They give us directions. They serve as radios. They play back that YouTube clip of that guy taking a baseball to the crotch that’s just so funny. And they’re a pain in the ass to actually use properly for some of these purposes.
It’s not really the smartphone’s fault; it’s just tiny and it doesn’t have a good way of sticking to surfaces. Hence, a European company called Patrona has invented one. And it’s both clever in how simple it is and brilliant in how many problems it solves.
Patrona’s design can essentially be summed up in one word: Magnets. You stick a Patrona plate to the back of your phone, and yes, we know that makes your phone not perfectly pristine, but the trade-off is worth it. The plate and its connecting faces have a mechanical connector that lets you rotate the phone, and a magnetic connector to make sure everything sticks.
The result is a multipurpose, highly effective tool for getting your phone placed where it needs to be. The Kickstarter Patrona is currently running features both a stand for the home or office and a flat plate that can be adhered to, say, your dashboard, or your kitchen wall. In a nice creative touch, they’ve even included a wallet that can be stuck to the back of your phone with little complication.
Best of all? It’s a solution for all platforms, a rarity among the iPhone obsessed masses over on Kickstarter. OK, so it solves a first-world problem, to some degree. But it’s hard not to be impressed with how simply and elegantly they’ve solved it.
Currently, the Patrona Connector is on track to be shipped in September.
Also why not check out:
- 80s iPhone Boombox Docking Speaker
- AeroPad Two: an Opulent $1,000 iPad Dock
- Altec Lansing iMT630 Review
- Altec Lansing Octiv Stage Review
- Audyssey Lower East Side Audio Dock Air Review
- Beatbox iPod Dock Review
- Bose SoundDock Series III iPhone Speaker System is Now Lightning Compatible
- Chinon AVi-An iPod Dock With A Clock, Radio, And LCD TV Tuner (video)
- DC7BT Bluetooth Docking Station/Receiver Review
- Deal of the Day: Philips Fidelio DS3000 iPod and iPhone Speaker Dock
- Denon Intros Cocoon Home and Portable High End Audio Docks with Airplay Support
- Dexim P-Flip 2x Foldable Power Dock Review
- Fatman iTube ValveDock Carbon Edition II For Your iPod/iPhone
- Fluance FITSD600 iPhone Tower Speaker Dock Review
- GameDock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Devices
- Hello Kitty iPod Speaker Dock
- iHome Announces Mid End iP2 iPhone Dock
- iHome iA100 iPod, iPhone And iPad Audio System Review
- iHome iA63 Review
- iHome IDM11 Review
- iHome iW1 Review
- iHome iW2
- iHome iW4
- iNuke: An 8 Foot Wide Speaker Dock
- JBL OnBeat Air Review
- JBL OnBeat Lightning Venue is the First iPhone 5 Compatible Speaker Dock
- JVC Kaboom RV-NB50 iPod Boombox Review
- JVC’s UX-VJ5 Dual iOS Speaker Dock Rips CDs into your….
- Kindle Fire Matchstick Speaker Dock Review
- Native Union MM04i Honey Comb BT Dock Review