It’s hard wave an arm in the wireless world without hitting a mobile security cam, but new models keep coming. Panasonic and Vodafone, however, have launched a serious contender called Nubo that could be the cam to beat in 2015.
Nubo is, on the surface, another wireless security cam of the kind that has proliferated so readily in markets for cheap home and business security solutions that can be put almost anywhere – i.e., Dropcam, NetCam, Foscam, and many independent manufacturers. Some features are very familiar: There’s compatibility with your smartphone, so you can sync the cam and keep watch on your house from mobile devices. Cloud storage waits to back up a certain amount of video for later perusal or sharing. Sensors offer the ability to switch the cam on only when detecting movement.
However, the Nubo cam also sports more unique upgrades. It operates via 4G network capabilities, a rarity among current wireless cams. Its sensors come with adjustment capabilities so you can tone down the sensitivity if desired. It can work both inside and outside, which combined with 4G capabilities broadens the range of the cam considerably. There’s a two-way communication feature you can turn on to speak out of the cam and carry on a conversation with the person (or, potentially, the pet) on the other end. These features shape the security camera into a very competitive option, even in a market nearing saturation.
Also, with Panasonic and Vodafone behind the Nubo, it seems that the companies are focusing on a more international audience than the often U.S.-bound cam competitors, a move that could play sharply in their favor. The cam is hitting the UK and other European nations first, later on in 2015, then the U.S. in 2016. Much, however, will depend on price, but so far an MSRP has not been announced.
Also why not check out:
- ANNKE 1080P IP Camera Review
- Arlo Go Review: A Wireless, Cloud Based Security Camera That Needs No WiFi
- Blacksumac’s Piper will make your home safer, here’s how.
- Canary Is The World’s First Smart Home Security Device
- Caution: Some Home Security Cameras Might Share Your Private Videos
- D-Link DCS-8200LH 180° Wide Eye Home Security Camera Review
- D-Link Launches Internet Closed Circuit TV Product
- Eyeball Video Camera: The Third Eye No One Needs
- Feel Safe At Home With Cannon Security’s Digital Door Viewer
- Gate Camera Smart Lock Is Packed With Security Features
- Logitech Alert 750n Indoor Master System Review
- Lynx Pro Smart Home Security System
- Need to Install a LightHouse AI Security Camera? Look No Further than Puls
- Netgear Arlo Q Camera Review
- Netgear Arlo Q Security Camera, Looks To Compete with Dropcam with Free Lifetime DVR Recordings
- Netgear Arlo Wireless Security Camera Review
- Netgear’s Arlo: The Best Home Security Cameras?
- Nightwatcher Robotic LED Light And Wireless HD Security Camera
- Piper nv Home Security System Review
- Teddy Bear Hidden Camera
- The BuddyGuard Flare is the Most Advanced Security Cam We’ve Seen
- VTech IS7121-2 Audio/Video Doorbell Review
- Wyze Cam Pan Review