When shopping for the best home theater projectors there are a few key requirements that you want. It should be quiet, offer the best image quality for the price and it’s helpful if it performs excellent with both movies and video games. Well, folks, the Optoma HD29Darbee 1080P Projector may be just the projector you are looking for.
The Optoma HD29Darbee Projector offers amazing picture quality for the price with 1080p full HD resolution with a 30,000:1 contrast ratio and 3200 Lumens of brightness. There’s a lot to like here.
Is This Optoma An Optimal Projector?
Optoma HD29Darbee 1080P Projector Design
This Optoma unit has average looks, but what it lacks in aesthetics it makes up for in performance. It weighs just 5.7lbs, making it one of the lightest projectors around and this is helpful if you want to on mount your projector somewhere up high like ceiling mounting when using a projector screen. It also sports controls on the top of the unit to make it easier to operate when you don’t want to use the remote. The Optoma HD29Darbee projector comes with a remote by the way. The projector has been designed very well.
Optoma HD29Darbee Connectivity
As for connectivity, the HD29Darbee short throw projector is middle of the road. It has 2 HDMI ports, Audio-Out, 12v Trigger, and USB Power. I wish it had a few more options.
The 10W speaker is Ok, but not great. You should add external speakers for better audio quality
1080p native resolution with 30,000:1 contrast ratio
3200 ansi Lumens of brightness
Hours of lamp life: Lamp life of 6000 hrs
Darbeevision image processor
Reference Display Mode enables Accurate color via REC.709 HDTV color gamut.
Eco mode will save some energy
Optoma HD29Darbee Projector Performance
This Optoma HD29Darbee home theater projector simply outperforms the competition when it comes to image quality with it’s 1080p full HD resolution. Optoma is known for its superior projectors and this is a great example. The DARBEEVision color option is phenomenal. Using it, I experienced images that were just stunning with amazing levels of detail, vibrancy, color purity and brightness uniformity. I also loved how light it is, allowing you to mount the projector in any high space easily. And it comes with remote control.
Simply put, it’s hard to find a short throw projector that outclasses this one in design and features. It delivers excellent image quality in HD resolution displayed on the screen, is easy to use and is lightweight. This makes it a very portable projector. Whether you plan to use it while gaming or watching movies, this Darbee projector will not let you down. And the fan noise is on the quiet side.
For gaming movies, the final verdict is that the HD29 Darbee is one that is hard to beat, surpassing models like the Epson home cinema and other gaming projectors. And it can be had at an affordable price. It is a worthy addition to your home cinema no matter which gaming consoles you use.
Also why not check out:
- BenQ HT2150ST 1080p Projector Review
- BenQ HT3050 3D DLP Home Theater Projector Review
- BenQ HT3050 Review Roundup
- BenQ i500 Mobile LED Projector Review
- BenQ MS517 SmartEco Projector Review
- BenQ TK800M Projector Review
- BenQ W1500 Digital Projector Home Cinema Series Review
- Best Projector for 2016
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1440 Projector Review
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5040UB 3LCD Projector Review
- How Do Projectors Work? Learn Everything You Need to Know
- How To Connect Your Laptop To a Projector With HDMI
- LG’s PF1000U Short Throw Projector Displays a 100-inch Image with just 15-inches
- Optoma HD142X Review Roundup
- Optoma HD27 3D DLP Projector Review
- Projector vs TV: Key Differences and Similarities
- Short Throw vs. Long Throw Projectors: What’s the Difference?
- Sony LSFPX-P1 is a Versatile Projector to Use Around the House
- Sony VPL-HW40ES Projector Video Review: Blacks are the New White
- The BenQ HT1070A is an Improved, Highly Capable Home Projector
- Yamaha YSP-1400 Digital Sound Projector Review