Before buying headphones, read Mistakes to Avoid. During my time with the Optoma BE Free8 earbuds, I was consistently blown away by the sound quality that I was getting out of these headphones. During my time with the Optoma BE Free8 earbuds, I was consistently blown away by the sound quality that I was getting out of these headphones.
See, all hearables (unlike their standard wired/Bluetooth cousins) need to walk a fine line between sound quality, battery life, and overall form factor.
The Sound Quality
Several years ago we reviewed one of the very first hearables to hit the market – the EARIN M1’s – and those, while tiny for their time, look positively massive/ancient compared to the company’s upcoming M2’s.
And while the sound quality on the M1’s were decent, they simply can’t hold a candle to what we found waiting for us inside the luscious soundscape provided by the BE Free8’s.
Optoma’s BE Free8’s are significantly larger than both the M1 and the M2, but they pack an absolutely monstrous amount of sound into every piece of the housing.
Often Bluetooth headphones can come out sounding tinny, bassless, or lack the same kind of soundstage you’d get out of a wired equivalent, but I can safely say that not only did the Optoma BE Free 8’s take the top spot as the best pair of Bluetooth headphones I’ve ever heard, they’re one of the best pairs I’ve owned period.
All Music Types Sound Great
Whether it’s heavy electronic music with tons of boom or subtle jazz with excess clarity, the BE Free 8’s impressed on every account. They came with a battery life of around three hours (standard for these types of hearables), and the charging case brought that figure up to around 12 hours of continuous listening throughout.
If you want a ton of sound in a tiny package, the BE Free 8’s are the way to go!
Fremont, Calif., October 2, 2017 – Optoma, a world leading manufacturer of video and audio products, today is launching its first truly wireless earbuds, combining the best sound quality and ultimate reliability in the wireless earphone market today. Optoma NuForce BE Free8 truly wireless earbuds combine advanced audio coding and connection technologies, including AAC, aptX LL and NMFI, to bring superior Hi-Fi sound and robust reliability to wireless earphones at the best available price today.
Optoma NuForce BE Free8 truly wireless earbuds are engineered to deliver the best truly wireless sound experience, integrating premium audio and design technologies to deliver crystal clear stereo sound, with no lag or connection issues. In true Optoma style, they are available on Amazon today for just $149, delivering mighty sound quality at market-leading prices.
- Mind-Blowing Sound Quality: The Optoma NuForce BE Free8 earbuds are compatible with both AAC and aptX® LL technologies to provide high fidelity audio to any device including iPhone®, Android™ and Windows® phones, as well as PCs and Macs. They also feature dynamic drivers with NuForce proprietary Sonic coating, a razor thin and strong coating of several refractory metals for close-to-perfect piston movement, ensuring lightning-fast transient response and ultra-low distortion. No other truly wireless headphones incorporate such robust technologies today.
- Comfortable, Elegant Design: With stylish and robust enclosures, these ergonomically designed earbuds with SpinFit 360-degree rotation ear tips, exclusively designed for the BE Free8s to provide a secure and comfortable fit. Each pair comes with two different shapes and multiple sizes to ensure a great fit.
- No More Spotty Connections: Unlike most truly wireless headphones, which rely solely on Bluetooth, NuForce BE Free8 also leverages NMFI (Near-Field Magnetic Induction) to maintain a reliable connection both between the two earpieces. Carefully engineered antenna placement enables a reliable Bluetooth range of 33 feet or more.
- More Listening Time: NuForce BE Free8 users can enjoy up to four hours of continuous, uninterrupted music, videos, games and phone calls, and an extra three full charges – in total 16 hours of listening time with its portable charging case.
- Full Headphone Functionality: These multi-functional truly wireless earbuds have a built-in CVC noise-canceling microphone for calls, and button on top of the earpiece to activate Siri and the Google Assistant, and to play, pause and skip songs – providing the same robust functionality as wired headphones.
- Durable and Sweat Proof: With an IPX5 rating, the BE Free8 are water and weather resistant, ensuring protection from rain and sweat – ideal for an active lifestyle and sports.
“With the NuForce BE Free8 earbuds, we wanted to take our time to ensure we delivered the best truly wireless sound experience to-date, and we believe we’ve achieved that,” said Jyri Jokirinta, head of NuForce audio products at Optoma Technology. “These earbuds pack a punch with pure sound delivered from the most advanced technologies on the market today. True to Optoma and NuForce style, we’re delivering them for a fraction of the cost of others, maximizing both quality and value for consumers.”
As the audio product line within Optoma, NuForce combines advanced audio technology with an elegant design to produce high-quality, award-winning audio products, all available at fiercely competitive prices. NuForce brings a simplified, flexible and superior audio experience to a broad market ranging from the casual listener to the serious audiophile.
- Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphones Review
- Optoma BE Free8 Review: The Best Hearables Yet
- Motorola VerveOnes True Wireless Earbuds Review
Also why not check out:
- Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphones Review
- Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones Review
- Best Noise Cancelling Headphones 2020
- Bose QuietComfort 20 Noise Cancelling In-Ear Headphone Review
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphone Review
- Bose QuietControl 30 Hands On: Most Advanced In-Ear Phones Ever?
- How Do Noise Cancelling Headphones Work?
- I-MEGO Walker JR Noise Canceling Headphones Review
- New Amazon Patent: Noise-Canceling Headphones That Listen for Your Name
- Nokia Intros BH-905 Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Pioneer SE-NC21M Noise Canceling Headphones (pics)
- Sharkk Bravo Hybrid Electrostatic Headphones Review
- Win a Pair Able Planet NC300B Active Noise Canceling Headphones from Gadget Review (contest)