There are a wide array of devices on the market today that claim to measure your energy consumption. In reality they plug into just one device and provide little to no data about your energy usage. The ONZO Smart Energy Kit on the other hand includes a wireless display and a sensor that clips to the cables coming from your electricity meter – they say anyone can install it – which means that it tracks your entire home consumption. Of course the downside of measuring your entire home’s electricity usage is that you can’t see what products are driving up your bill.
Once the system is up and running users can either view their energy usage on the display or plug it into a computer and upload it to the Onzo site for more energy saving tips. It stores up to 10 years worth of data and runs of rechargeable batteries.
The kit was due to roll out last year, but still seems to be in contract negotiations with UK energy distributors.
Also why not check out:
- 6 Things You Need To Know About Apple’s “Smart Homes” (List)
- Best Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector
- HELLO 2 Fully Encrypted All-In-One TV Companion
- LG W53 SMART Series LCD Monitor Use A Light Sensor And More To Reduce Eye Strain
- Orbit B-hyve Smart Hose Faucet Timer Review
- Sevenhugs Smart Remote: Point To Operate Any Smart Product
- SmartThings Home Automation Brews the Coffee, Turns on the AC, Makes Everything Cool (video)
- Swann MP3 Doorbell SWADS-DOORCH Review
- The iPort Transforms Your iPad & iPod Touch Into A Home Controller
- VAVA Mobile Pet Cam Is A Smart Pet Nanny