The wristwatch all but made the pocket watch extinct. But a time before, the pocket watch was the watch. After all, it did and continues to provide a certain reserved aesthetic that just can’t be found in any of today’s wrist watches. And lets not over look the fact, yes fact, that the chain draped from the pocket to the pants adds an allure and mystique no wristwatch could ever entail. So were not quite sure how anyone chose between the two time pieces when the wristwatch shot to popularity. Compare this watch to our review of the Stauer 1930 Dashtronic watch.
Oakley, albeit 90 years later (the wristwatch became popular in the 1920s), has the answer to this conundrum, the Elite Full Metal Jacket Swiss Automatic Watch. It’s engineered with a removable module that can be mounted as a turn of the century pocket watch or as the watch we know today, the wrist watch. If you want a watch that can double as your cell phone, you might also want to read our review of Cool G108 watch phone.
And while that is the mainstay of the Elite Full Metal Jacket Watch is its dual personality, Oakley hasn’t skimped on the other features. It boasts a self winding mechanism that will keep it running for up to 46 hours, provided you’re bed ridden for that long. And it’s not just land that will keep this baby ticking, since it can be submerged to a depth of 100 meters, where upon it will continue to vibrate at 28,000 times per hour at 4hz, whatever that means, but it sounds fancy if not accurate. The face is finished in pure sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating so it should stay scratch free through the most rugged of scenarios. Lastly, the strap and some of the casing has been forged in titanium. If you want a watch that goes green, you should also read our review of the Casio G-Shock ‘Go Green’ watches use Solar and are built of recycled materials.
And as you’ve probably already sussed out, the Elite Full Metal Jacket Watch won’t be cheap; $8,995. Expect it to arrive “soon.”
Also why not check out:
- 7 Best Watch Box Organizers in 2020
- Best Luxury Watches
- Best Online Watch Store: Expert Ratings and Buying Advice
- Casio G-Shock ‘Go Green’ Watches Use Solar And Are Built Of Recycled Materials
- Cool G108 Watch Phone
- Division Furtive Type 50 Is The LED Watch Of A Cyberpunk Future
- Eye Of The Storm Watch Is Beautiful, Simple And Unique
- Gyroscopic Watch Winder Serves As A Reminder You’re Really Rich
- Nixon Synapse Watch is Sensitive…to the Touch
- Nixon Trader Watch can Survive a Bomb Blast
- Nixon Unit SS Watch Dives 300-Feet, Costs Just $200
- Nuclear Powered Watch will Glow for 25 Years, or Until You Get Sick
- Ritot Watch Projects Alerts On Your Hand (video)
- Stauer 1930 Dashtronic Watch
- The Hundreds Casio G-Shock GW 5610
- Timex Tide Temp Compass Watch Review
- Ventura SPARC Sigma MGS Digital Watch
- VOID VO2 Watch Review
- Watch Lighter Is The Closest You’ll Get To A Bond Gadget