By the time April 5th rolls around, anyone looking to upgrade from an older DS/DS Lite or buy one for the first time, will be better prepared because they googled this list. For the best in Nintendo, you should also read our Super Mario Bros hats review. Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect from the new DSi:
- 17% bigger screen
- 4 times the RAM
- Double the processor speed
- 2 separate .3 mega-pixel cameras, one with VGA resolution
- 12% thinner than DS Lite
- Online shop similar to WiiWare
- 256 internal memory and SD card slot
- PictoChat, music player, photo editor, voice recorder
- $40 more that DS Lite
- No slot for Gameboy Advance games or peripherals like Guitar Hero keypad
- Battery life shorter than DS Lite
- Only plays AAC music files, no MP3!!!!
So, lots of good features but some potentially crippling bads for some people. The no MP3 compatibility is retarded, and that won’t go over well I’m sure. Anything I missed?
Also why not check out: