If you like the Nikon camera below, read about Mistakes to Avoid when buying a camera. Usually, you know what you’re getting with a Coolpix camera – these small, easy-to-use digital cameras fit in your pocket, have a lot of automatic modes to make snapping photos easier, and don’t cost too much for the average consumer.
However, for the Coolpix W100 Nikon is veering into a new niche – a millennial-happy, outdoor-ready compact camera that’s ready for the Instagram generation. In other words, if you’re looking for a camera to match your adventurous, friendly lifestyle, then check out our list of the best compact digital cameras, and note that this Coolpix might soon join them.
The general specs on the W100 are decent. There’s a 13.2-megapixel sensor and a 3x optical zoom – you won’t be using this camera for any magnificent zooming or capturing intense action. Think rather about friends and family at the beach, on vacation, on road trips, at the park, or anywhere else that favors more intimate, fun photos of people you care about.
Here’s where the ruggedization comes in: This camera is waterproof up to 10 meters, and shock proof for drops up to 1.8 meters, so you don’t have to worry much about the usual accidents. Inside, there’s an easy option for you to add cartoon effects and fun filters to your photos before you send them on, saving a step in the whole Instagram/Snapchat process. Speaking of that, the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity allow you to transfer photos wirelessly right to your phone for quick uploads.
The big question here is the price: Will the average 20-something be able to afford it? We don’t have all the details on price yet, but based on the specs it looks like Nikon is aiming for affordable with this Coolpix. Keep looking for available Coolpix cameras and see when it drops – we doubt you’ll have to wait too long.
[Read: Best Waterproof Camera]
- A Camera That Sees Through Clothing
- Nikon Invests in Waterproofing with its New Coolpix Camera
- Microsoft’s Pix is Better than the Old iOS Camera App
Also why not check out:
- 5 Questions We Have About Samsung’s NX Mini Smart Camera (List)
- AT&T First to Carry Samsung Galaxy Camera
- Best Digital Camera Under $200
- Best pocket point-and-shoot camera 37% off, Sony flash memory sale
- Best Point and Shoot Digital Camera: Buyers Guide & Expert Reviews
- Best Point and Shoot Under 500
- Best Underwater Camera
- Best Waterproof Cameras for 2019
- Canon G1X Mark II Is Canon’s Next Point-And-Shoot
- Canon PowerShot A4000 IS 16 Megapixel Digital Camera Review
- Canon PowerShot D30 Waterproof Camera Review
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Digital Camera
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS Review
- Canon Powershot S110 Camera Might be the Best Point and Shoot Thanks to WiFi
- Casio’s EX-G1 Camera Is Most Rugged And Most Thin
- Casio’s Split Camera Lets You Take Photos From A Distance
- Chasing Dory Underwater Drone Is Portable And Affordable
- Decline of the Point and Shoot, Rise of the Smartphone Camera
- Fujifilm Intros $200 Waterproof ‘Point & Shoot, The Z33WP
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 is the Compact Camera to Beat for 2018