If you like the Nikon camera below, read about Mistakes to Avoid when buying a camera. Usually, you know what you’re getting with a Coolpix camera – these small, easy-to-use digital cameras fit in your pocket, have a lot of automatic modes to make snapping photos easier, and don’t cost too much for the average consumer.
However, for the Coolpix W100 Nikon is veering into a new niche – a millennial-happy, outdoor-ready compact camera that’s ready for the Instagram generation. In other words, if you’re looking for a camera to match your adventurous, friendly lifestyle, then check out our list of the best compact digital cameras, and note that this Coolpix might soon join them.
The general specs on the W100 are decent. There’s a 13.2-megapixel sensor and a 3x optical zoom – you won’t be using this camera for any magnificent zooming or capturing intense action. Think rather about friends and family at the beach, on vacation, on road trips, at the park, or anywhere else that favors more intimate, fun photos of people you care about.
Here’s where the ruggedization comes in: This camera is waterproof up to 10 meters, and shock proof for drops up to 1.8 meters, so you don’t have to worry much about the usual accidents. Inside, there’s an easy option for you to add cartoon effects and fun filters to your photos before you send them on, saving a step in the whole Instagram/Snapchat process. Speaking of that, the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity allow you to transfer photos wirelessly right to your phone for quick uploads.
The big question here is the price: Will the average 20-something be able to afford it? We don’t have all the details on price yet, but based on the specs it looks like Nikon is aiming for affordable with this Coolpix. Keep looking for available Coolpix cameras and see when it drops – we doubt you’ll have to wait too long.
[Read: Best Waterproof Camera]
- A Camera That Sees Through Clothing
- Nikon Invests in Waterproofing with its New Coolpix Camera
- Microsoft’s Pix is Better than the Old iOS Camera App
Also why not check out:
- Best Action Camera
- Best Digital Camera Under $200
- Best Point and Shoot Under 500
- Best Waterproof Camera
- Canon PowerShot A4000 IS 16 Megapixel Digital Camera Review
- Canon PowerShot D30 Waterproof Camera Review
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS Review
- Fujifilm Intros $200 Waterproof ‘Point & Shoot, The Z33WP
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 is the Compact Camera to Beat for 2018
- GE Power Pro X500 Review
- How to Use a Point and Shoot Camera
- Nikon 1 AW1 Review
- Nikon Coolpix A900 Review
- Nikon Coolpix P100 Review
- Nikon Coolpix S7000 Review
- Nikon Coolpix S800c Point and Shoot Camera Boasts Android & WiFi (video)
- Nikon V1 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Review
- Olympus Stylus Tough TG4 Review
- Olympus Tough TG-610 Camera Review
- PRNU: How to Identify Your Smartphone from a Single Photo
- Samsung NX2000 Smart Camera Review
- Scribble Pen Matches Any Color In The World, Just Point and Click
- Sony Cybershot T110 Review
- Sony Cybershot TX9 Review
- The Sony RX100 Puts Slow Motion In The Palm Of Your Hand