It’s no secret that Google will soon release the next Nexus phone, the Nexus 5. It replaces the now discontinued Nexus 4, which recently went on sale for $100 less than the starting retail price and then quickly went out of stock. By all accounts it was and still is a solid phone, though it now sits dormant in my closet, replaced by the Samsung’s Galaxy S4 Google Edition.
Today, images leaked on Macrumors showing what might be the clearest photo to date of the Nexus 5. We’ve seen previous images of the phone, first in the KitKat video that Google released when the search giant unveiled a giant KitKat Android figurine made from what else, KitKat candy bars. Sold out? You decide, but it’s a tasty cobranded effort that doesn’t really rustle my feathers.
According to the author that posted the images of the leaked Nexus 5, it is said to have a similar feel (read “rubber backing”) as the Nexus 7. Moreover, they say the screen isn’t that amazing and the build might be more refined, at least aesthetically, than the LG G2, which I held yesterday and might be best described as unremarkable.
So you in for a Nexus 5? I am. It should support LTE, which wasn’t the case with the Nexus 4 (at least on an official level) and was most certainly a sore point for many Android owners. It’s total conjecture, but I’m willing to wager that the Nexus 5 will cost more than the previous iteration, largely because of positioning thanks to the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Editions.
Also why not check out:
- 10 Things You Should Know About Google’s Nexus 5
- 8 Nexus 5 Features That Make the Phone a Steal at $349 (list)
- Google May Have Leaked The Nexus 5 Thanks To Their Android Sweet Tooth
- Google Pixel 2 XL Smartphone Review
- Google Pixel Android Smartphone Review
- Google’s Nexus 4 Now Shipping in 1-2 Weeks
- How to Use Your AT&T iPhone Data Plan with a Nexus 4 (how to)
- Huawei Nexus 6P Review
- Nexus 4 Price Slashed By $100, Bought One Recently? Get Refund from Google
- The Fire-Engine Red Nexus 5 Is Here
- The Nexus 5 Black 16GB Model is Already Out of Stock [Update: Ships in 3-4 Weeks]
- The Nexus 5 Has A Sensor Called “Hall Effect”, What is it?
- The Nexus 5 Leaks Its Price, $350
- What is Google Nexus