Google’s much hyped and highly anticipated Nexus 5 is now available for purchase except there’s one small minor problem — about 25 minutes into availability, the black 16GB model is already OUT OF STOCK.
Update: supply for the 32GB black model is now also dwindling. But it seems that like the previous Nexus 4 debacle, if you refresh the page you may get an in-stock notice and you’ll be able to purchase. Currently, instead of an out-of-stock message which won’t let you add to cart, shipping time is now updated to 3-4 weeks. At least you can still order and get into the queue?
Stock limit for the white model is slowly running down too, as status for shipping goes from:
- Leaves warehouse in 1 – 2 business days.
- Leaves warehouse by November 8, 2013.
- >We are out of inventory. Please check back soon.
I was able to snag one up to replace my ancient Galaxy Nexus (which took a dip into the washing machine earlier this year). By the time I logged into my Google Wallet account to make the payment, shipping status had already shifted from “shipping in 1 – 2 business days” to November 8th.
The minute I finished purchasing? Out of stock.
Guess I gotta consider myself lucky.
Or maybe I should just eBay this…
Also why not check out:
- 10 Things You Should Know About Google’s Nexus 5
- 8 Nexus 5 Features That Make the Phone a Steal at $349 (list)
- Google May Have Leaked The Nexus 5 Thanks To Their Android Sweet Tooth
- Google Pixel 2 XL Smartphone Review
- Google Pixel Android Smartphone Review
- Google’s Nexus 4 Now Shipping in 1-2 Weeks
- How to Use Your AT&T iPhone Data Plan with a Nexus 4 (how to)
- Huawei Nexus 6P Review
- Nexus 4 Price Slashed By $100, Bought One Recently? Get Refund from Google
- Nexus 5 Images Leaked…Again, Shows a Nexus 7 Like Build
- The Fire-Engine Red Nexus 5 Is Here
- The Nexus 5 Has A Sensor Called “Hall Effect”, What is it?
- The Nexus 5 Leaks Its Price, $350
- What is Google Nexus