Learn Which Best Windows Laptop is Right For You when shopping. What’s keeping you from buying a Chromebook? For some, it’s the operating system – sure the computer has cloud tech and low storage, but that’s easy enough to get used to. Learning a new operating system, however – especially when you really need Windows or OS X on your computer – just isn’t worth the effort for a lot of people.
The secret is the use of the vSpace client, which allows the Chromebook to access Windows, Java or Silverlight as needed. Now, granted this access is limited by both what the software can handle as well as the hardware specs of the computer, but it’s still a huge leap forward when it comes to accessing Windows apps and tools: The vSpace has even port in a full virtual Windows desktop if you wish.
About those specs: The CX110 has a small 11.6-inch screen – no ultra HD or touch controls here, but this does help cut down on costs. It comes with an ARM Cortex-A17 quad core processor, 4GB of RAM, and 16GB of built-in storage.
Enter the Chromebook CX110 from Ncomputing, which has one of the most interesting features we’ve seen in our best Chromebook reviews for 2018: Built-in access to Windows.
It’s time to stop and mention that the Chromebook CX110 is aimed firmly at American school programs, where around half of the computers provided to students tend to be Chromebooks. They naturally make good, cheap school laptops, but sometimes students and teachers need to access Windows applications (after all, Bill Gates was active in the education arena for a long time). This Chromebook addresses that concern, and comes with a one-year subscription to Brightstorm, a video learning site.
So make no mistake, this is a computer for schoolkids who don’t have a laptop and need one. But if you want to get one of your own, nothing is stopping you – and the price is one of the lowest you can find for a new laptop at $230: You can preorder now if you want one!
- Our Top 10 Back To School Laptop Deals includes HP’s Windows 10 i5 Touch
- Gigabyte P2742G Windows 8 Gaming Laptop Review
- New School-Focused Chromebook CX110 Comes with Windows Access
Also why not check out:
- 10 Reasons to Switch to Chrome for iOS and Ditch Safari
- Acer Chromebook 15 Review
- Acer Chromebook R 13 Reviews
- ASUS Flip C100P Chromebook Review
- Best Chromebook Apps in 2020
- Best Chromebook Cases in 2020
- Best Printer for Chromebook in 2020 (August Reviews)
- Check on Your Chromebook Storage Space with This Simple Trick
- Chromebook vs iPad – The Key Differences
- Chromebook vs. Laptop – Which is Right For You?
- Dell Chromebook 13 Review
- Google Increases Chromebook Hacking Prize to $100,000
- Google’s Chromebook Pixel Contains a Secret Easter Egg Related to the NES Konami Code
- How to Turn Your Old Laptop into a Chromebook
- How To Unlock Your Chromebook With Your Smartphone
- Samsung Accidentally Releases Details on Chromebook Pro
- Samsung Chromebook 2 Review
- Samsung Chromebook 3 Review
- Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook Review
- Samsung Series 5 Chromebook Wi-Fi Review
- Toshiba Chromebook 2 Review