This gadget belongs in your modern bathroom along with the best lighted makeup mirror.
Nebia is a project designed to bring luxurious shower features to average bathrooms around the world. This bathroom gadget is focused on a steam feature designed to turn your shower into a steamy experience that’s good for both skin and soul.
However, what we particularly enjoyed was the full information on just how this insta-steamer works. Hook it up to your shower pipes, and the steamer head uses an atomizer (sort of, but not really, like the kind in your vaporizer) to agitate water into super, super small droplets. How small? The Nebia showerhead claims to cover 10 times more surface area than the average spray-down shower.
Also interesting are the shower’s ecological benefits. The design allows for some serious water conservation, apparently up to 70% of what a normal shower uses. Of course, you are standing under a cloud of mist instead of a jet of water, so rinsing off might take a bit longer than with other household appliances. Nebia has tested the shower on hundreds of people and reports that no style of hair is a problem.
Now that Nebia has graduated from its Kickstarter campaign, it’s ready to ship this summer for a full price of $350. The company smartly included charts that show just how long it will take for the showerhead to pay for itself when used around utility prices like those of New York City (a few years, is the bottom line). However, with multiple testing waves at college campuses and deals for buying in bundles, we suspect Nebia has its eye on money-saving organization when it comes to long-term profits.
If you feel like getting a steam shower of your own, we advise you to start looking at the technical specifications for the model, which are quite thorough and take into account important variables like roof height, minimal pressure and temperature, height of showerhead, and much, much more. This isn’t something you can just slam into any bathroom, so get ready to take some measurements first. Check out our appliance reviews for more information on water-saving technology.
Also why not check out:
- ‘Soap Flakes’ Soap Shredder Negates Liquid Soap
- 10 Top “Movember” Grooming Tech (list)
- 9 Futuristic Toilets and Seats You Should Be Sitting On (List)
- ARTAS: Hair Regrowth Machine
- Best Lighted Makeup Mirror
- Best Shower Caddy
- Best Shower Curtain
- Best Shower Curtain Liner
- Big Dumps In Yo Area: Johnny Jolter Power Plunger
- BodyTrace eScale: The World’s First GSM-Enabled Scale
- Corcel N°1 Carbon Fiber Bathtub (video)
- Ditch Bathroom Spray With KOHLER’s Purefresh Deodorizing Toilet Seat
- Eco-Otome Toilet Sound Blocker Is
- Gadget of the Week: Tube Squeezing Toothbrush
- Get Cozy With Your Significant Other With The Yin Yang Couples Bath
- Graff Ametis Waterfall Shower Head Costs $15,000
- Grush Smart Toothbrush Trains Kids with Brushing Games
- Hammacher Schlemmer Would Like To Bake You In A Infrared Supine Sauna
- Hang Your Shampoo Bottle On A Magnet
- IllumiBowl Night Light: Never Miss Again
- LED Color Changing Showerhead with Remote
- Nebia Wants To Change How You Shower
- Numi Super Toilet from Kohler Comes with a Touchscreen Remote (video)
- OHSO Pocket Toothbrush
- Oral-B Makes Your Toothbrush Smart (video)
- Panasonic Sonic Pocket ToothBrush Will Make A Vibrating Road Shank
- Philips Click & Style 3-in-1 Electric Razor Review
- Quip Ensures You’ll Never Forget A Toothbrush Again
- Remington Touchscreen Beard Trimmer