Bike horns and bells are pretty straightforward in their design; they’re not built to reflect your personality, they’re built to catch the attention of people around you so that you don’t plow into them. But, of course, we live in a customizable age, and it was only a matter of time before something like Mybell came along.
Essentially, Mybell combines a bike light and bike horn with an MP3 player. It attaches to your handlebars, naturally, and allows you to install two different sounds on the internal memory. And you can play them back loudly; Mybell apparently packs 105 decibels into its little box, loud enough to get the attention of even the most absent-minded human being.
If that weren’t enough, the lights are fully programmable as well; you can put in flashing patterns, solid glow, and other designs, whatever will make you more visible.
But why would you want this? Well, there are two reasons. The first is that different sounds have different meanings in different cultures. Ringing a bell in some places just won’t register, either because it means something other than “Excuse me, I am bearing down on you quickly and I would like not to hit you”, or because it has no meaning at all. The second is that it is an urge impossible to explain but nonetheless impossible to resist to be able to blare your music as loudly as possible, which is what this thing does.
If this sounds like something you need, you might want to head over to the Kickstarter right now. It starts at $99, but if you want to upgrade with a few colors, that’s also possible and will run you $130. Just do us a favor and don’t install “Fancy” on your fancy new bike horn. We have enough of that song already.
Also why not check out:
- Alcoho-Lock Keeps Drunks Off Their Bikes
- Linka is a Smart Bike Lock with New Ideas
- Litelok Gives You Lightweight, Versatile Bike Lock Security
- Lock and Locate your Smart Bike With LOCK8 (video)
- N’Lock Lock Secures Your Bike From Thieves
- Pedal Lock: Secure Your Bike With Its Pedals
- Seatylock Ensures You Never Forget Your Bike Lock
- Senza Bike Lock Calls for the Handle Bars to be the Lock
- Stemlock Protects Your Bike From Being Stolen
- The Noke U-Lock Links Your Bike Lock To Your Phone
- Ulock Is A Bike Lock Where Your iPhone Is The Key
- Vier Adds Some Extra Protection To Your Bike