Big phones are all the rage these days, and I admit, my previous skepticism towards the “phablet” has waned somewhat as I’ve used them and found them more useful and interesting than first suggested. With enough real estate to use as a tablet but with more functionality, they’re less goofy and more interesting. And Motorola has a nice six-incher to get your attention, especially if you were considering the iPhone 6 Plus.
Six Inches Of Real Estate
The Nexus 6 is, well, it’s a six-inch phone. Really, the conversation stops there for a lot of people. Either you just muttered “Oooh! Piece of candy!” and ran to your nearest phone phone to drop the required $650 (yes, $650) to buy it unlocked, or you decided it was too big for you. But for those on the fence, here are the specs.
The display is Quad HD, with dual stereo-sound front-facing speakers. It’s got a 13 megapixel camera with HDR+ and optical image stabilization, which will even capture “Ultra HD” video, whatever the hell that is (OK, it’s twice the resolution of 1080p, but it’s going to sit unused and we all know it.) There’s a 3220 mAh battery, which Motorola claims offers 24 hours per charge and a quick-charge option that gives you six hours in 15 minutes. As for the guts, a 2.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 (quad core, naturally) is supported an Adreno 420 GPU and 3GB of RAM. It has GPS, and it comes in blue and white.
Oh, right, it’s also got Lollipop standard. But you knew that.
The phablet is becoming a more popular option for many of us because, well, we need the space. And Motorola seems to be offering a high-end demonstration of the form. It’s not for everyone, but if you’re looking for one, it appears to be the best demonstration you can get on Android.
Also why not check out:
- Blue RAZR V3 Confirmed
- DROID RAZR
- DROID X Official, Arrives July 15th for $200
- Is this the Motorola X Phone, Google’s Next Big Handset
- Moto X Caught on Video, Always On Google Now and New Notification System Revealed (video)
- Moto Z Force Droid Smartphone Review
- Moto Z2 Force Smartphone Review
- Motorola Announces Rokr
- Motorola Announces The Budget-Friendly Moto E and Moto G with LTE Support
- Motorola ATRIX 4G Launch Date, Price And Accessories Announced (update)
- Motorola ATRIX 4G Receives A New Launch Date…Maybe…We’re Confirming (update)
- Motorola ATRIX HD Price, Specs, and Release Date (product release)
- Motorola Atrix HD Review
- Motorola Blings Out Their Aura Phone Again, Adds Gold Plating
- Motorola Droid 2 Review
- Motorola Droid Coming November 6th, $199.99 (video)
- Motorola Droid Gets Groped
- Motorola Droid MAXX First Impressions
- Motorola Droid MAXX Review
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR HD Maxx Officially Debut (video/pics)
- Motorola Droid Razr M Review
- Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Review
- Motorola DROID Review
- Motorola DROID Turbo Review
- Motorola Droid Ultra First Impression
- Motorola Droid Ultra Review
- Motorola Droid X Review
- Motorola Moto X First Impression: Don’t Judge a Book By Its Cover (AT&T)
- Motorola PEBL Now Available
- Motorola Pink RAZR shipping in Germany