Motorola Mobility spent years under the radar after Google bought it out, working on secret projects. We got a load of the Moto X recently, and now there’s the Moto G, which is out to put Android in your pocket at a low, low price.
G For Good
First of all, we should talk about the price. $200. OK, technically $180 if you want to forgo a few gigabytes of onboard storage, but that’s it. That’s the price. There’s no contract, no catch, no gimmick. The phone is fully unlocked, and you can use it on any carrier. Just pay your money and be on your way.
Obviously, the phone you’re getting for $200 is not exactly going to be cutting-edge, but honestly the Moto G doesn’t fare so badly compared to other phones in a similar price range. It’s got a 1.2 Ghz Snapdragon 400 in there, a 4.5 inch screen with 329 pixels per inch, and it’s a quad-core phone into the bargain.
Oh, and it’s heavily customizable too. In fact, the only downside for this phone, if you want one, is that the U.S. isn’t getting it just yet: Motorola will be rolling it out in this week in Brazil and some areas of Europe; we won’t be getting any of that Moto G action until early 2014, although that does come with a bonus. the US version will ship with Kit-Kat preinstalled.
Cheap, But Good
The main thing to remember is that Google wants you on the Internet as much as humanly possible; after all, the more you’re on the Internet, the more ads they can sell catering to you. But this also looks to be a good, cheap, and sturdy phone that will let you get on the horn with a minimum of fuss. If you need a good phone and are sick of contracts, the Moto G might just be the one.
Also why not check out:
- Blue RAZR V3 Confirmed
- DROID RAZR
- DROID X Official, Arrives July 15th for $200
- Is this the Motorola X Phone, Google’s Next Big Handset
- Moto X Caught on Video, Always On Google Now and New Notification System Revealed (video)
- Moto Z Force Droid Smartphone Review
- Moto Z2 Force Smartphone Review
- Motorola Announces Rokr
- Motorola Announces The Budget-Friendly Moto E and Moto G with LTE Support
- Motorola ATRIX 4G Launch Date, Price And Accessories Announced (update)
- Motorola ATRIX 4G Receives A New Launch Date…Maybe…We’re Confirming (update)
- Motorola ATRIX HD Price, Specs, and Release Date (product release)
- Motorola Atrix HD Review
- Motorola Blings Out Their Aura Phone Again, Adds Gold Plating
- Motorola Droid 2 Review
- Motorola Droid Coming November 6th, $199.99 (video)
- Motorola Droid Gets Groped
- Motorola Droid MAXX First Impressions
- Motorola Droid MAXX Review
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR HD Maxx Officially Debut (video/pics)
- Motorola Droid Razr M Review
- Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Review
- Motorola DROID Review
- Motorola DROID Turbo Review
- Motorola Droid Ultra First Impression
- Motorola Droid Ultra Review
- Motorola Droid X Review
- Motorola Moto X First Impression: Don’t Judge a Book By Its Cover (AT&T)
- Motorola PEBL Now Available
- Motorola Pink RAZR shipping in Germany