Yesterday, Motorola announced their newest 4G handset, the ATRIX HD. Surprisingly it will arrive as soon as July 15th and cost just $99.99 after a 2-year contract. But don’t be fooled by that reasonable price, which will surely drop in the next few weeks, if not sooner. This phone packs a serious punch and should stand up to the roughest of vacations this summer.
Aside from it’s svelte body, which measures 8.4mm at its thinnest point (the Motorola RAZR, which looks similar, is 7.1mm) the ATRIX HD sports a 4.5-inch ColorBoost screen that can produce a 1280×720 image with 329 PPI (pixel’s per inch). And although Motorola says it’s the highest resolution phone on the market, it’s actually on par with a few other handsets.
Nonetheless, a large screened phone has sometimes meant added fragility, as well as a larger target for spills. To address this shortcoming, Motorola has crafted the body from KEVLAR and covered it with a nano-coating that acts a splash guard, reflecting small amounts of water. If that isn’t nothing short of impressive, there is also an 8-megapixel shooter that can capture full HD video, and a front facing camera that is able to record 720p video.
The ATRIX HD will ship with Android 4.0, and although AT&T hasn’t stated outright, we can only assume that it will be upgradeable to Jellybean. That being said, the ATRIX HD is the first Motorola phone to include their Circle Widget on the home screen, which connects directly with your AT&T account and displays data usage since your last bill. It will also provide you, at a glance no less, with time, notifications, remaining battery, and weather. There is also a myriad of security features that include activity timeout, VPN, and government grade data encryption on both the device’s built-in memory and SD card slot.
And to add to that, Motorola ATRIX HD comes pre-loaded with a free app called SMARTACTIONS. SMARTACTIONS automatically adjusts the phone’s settings according to what you’re doing. So if you enter the car and place the ATRIX HD in the Vehicle Navigation Dock (available free for a limited time), it will change your phone to vehicle mode and read your text messages aloud, auto-reply to incoming calls and texts as well as provide turn-by-turn navigation.
The Motorola ATRIX HD will be available in Modern White or Titanium July 15th for $99.99.
Also why not check out:
- Blue RAZR V3 Confirmed
- DROID RAZR
- DROID X Official, Arrives July 15th for $200
- Is this the Motorola X Phone, Google’s Next Big Handset
- Moto X Caught on Video, Always On Google Now and New Notification System Revealed (video)
- Moto Z Force Droid Smartphone Review
- Moto Z2 Force Smartphone Review
- Motorola Announces Rokr
- Motorola Announces The Budget-Friendly Moto E and Moto G with LTE Support
- Motorola ATRIX 4G Launch Date, Price And Accessories Announced (update)
- Motorola ATRIX 4G Receives A New Launch Date…Maybe…We’re Confirming (update)
- Motorola Atrix HD Review
- Motorola Blings Out Their Aura Phone Again, Adds Gold Plating
- Motorola Droid 2 Review
- Motorola Droid Coming November 6th, $199.99 (video)
- Motorola Droid Gets Groped
- Motorola Droid MAXX First Impressions
- Motorola Droid MAXX Review
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR HD Maxx Officially Debut (video/pics)
- Motorola Droid Razr M Review
- Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Review
- Motorola DROID Review
- Motorola DROID Turbo Review
- Motorola Droid Ultra First Impression
- Motorola Droid Ultra Review
- Motorola Droid X Review
- Motorola Moto X First Impression: Don’t Judge a Book By Its Cover (AT&T)
- Motorola PEBL Now Available
- Motorola Pink RAZR shipping in Germany
- Motorola RAZR MAXX boast 21 hour battery life (CES)
- Motorola RAZR Z: Sliding RAZR
- Motorola SLVR Review
- Motorola Star Wars R2-D2 Droid 2 Launch Date And Price
- Motorola Unveils Their Tough As Nails i1 Smartphone
- Motorola X Phone Spotted on FCC Filing
- Motorola’s Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, and Droid Mini Specs Compared (comparison)
- Motorola’s Latest Android Handsets Heading To AT&T
- Motorola’s Moto G: Kit-Kat At A Low Price (video)
- Motorola’s Nexus 6 Goes Up Against The iPhone 6 Plus
- Motorola’s V13 Is The New RAZR, But Can It Be As Sharp As The First?
- Motorola’s V70 Becomes The Uber Expensive Aura
- MS550 – Motorola Announces 3 Megapixel Phone
- Sprint Announces Motorola i1, Their First Push To Talk Android Smartphone
- The Affordable Moto G Ships December 2 for $179, Preorders Start Today
- The Moto X Becomes A Bit More Affordable
- The Moto X Has A Clever Interactive Magazine Ad
- The Motorola Charm Is Official
- The Skip: A Clip For Your Moto X That Compromises Your Phone’s Security
- VK5000: Slimmer then the RAZR