Motorola has finally taken the wraps off its extremely affordable Moto E at a press event today. The handset is targeted towards first time smartphone buyers, and is a feature-rich device which comes with an exceptional price tag. In the past few days, we’ve seen a number of leaked images of the alleged Moto E, giving us a glimpse of what to expect from the handset.
The handset is priced at $129 without any contract in the US and £90 in UK, and comes with a very decent specifications. Moto E rocks a 4.3-inch display sporting a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels resolution, a dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 200 SoC with 1GB of RAM, 4GB memory with a microSD card slot, a 5MP front-facing camera for photos and videos, a 1,980 mAh battery, and runs Android 4.4 KitKat as its operating system out of the box. Motorola promises that it will get the latest Android software update, at least one, after Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The handset will hit retail in over 40 countries on over 80 carriers across the globe in the coming weeks. It’s already up for sale in the US, while the folks in UK will get it on May 19th. Motorola has once again delivered an exceptional smartphone, which can be purchased directly from Motorola’s website.
It’s not just the Moto E, the company also released an updated version of the Moto G. Moto G turned out to be the best-selling smartphone in Motorola’s history, and was very popular in its segment. The handset came with very decent specifications with a affordable price tag. However, the device did lack a few important things: LTE connectivity and expandable storage. It seems Motorola heard the woes and added what was missing from one of the best budget-friendly devices in the market.
Today, at a press event, Motorola also announced a new version of Moto G which comes with LTE connectivity on board, as well as a microSD card slot for expandable storage. The pricing starts at $219 for the LTE-enabled Moto G, while the simple 3G version still costs $179 off-contract.
Also why not check out:
- Blue RAZR V3 Confirmed
- DROID RAZR
- DROID X Official, Arrives July 15th for $200
- Is this the Motorola X Phone, Google’s Next Big Handset
- Moto X Caught on Video, Always On Google Now and New Notification System Revealed (video)
- Moto Z Force Droid Smartphone Review
- Moto Z2 Force Smartphone Review
- Motorola Announces Rokr
- Motorola ATRIX 4G Launch Date, Price And Accessories Announced (update)
- Motorola ATRIX 4G Receives A New Launch Date…Maybe…We’re Confirming (update)
- Motorola ATRIX HD Price, Specs, and Release Date (product release)
- Motorola Atrix HD Review
- Motorola Blings Out Their Aura Phone Again, Adds Gold Plating
- Motorola Droid 2 Review
- Motorola Droid Coming November 6th, $199.99 (video)
- Motorola Droid Gets Groped
- Motorola Droid MAXX First Impressions
- Motorola Droid MAXX Review
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR HD Maxx Officially Debut (video/pics)
- Motorola Droid Razr M Review
- Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Review
- Motorola DROID Review
- Motorola DROID Turbo Review
- Motorola Droid Ultra First Impression
- Motorola Droid Ultra Review
- Motorola Droid X Review
- Motorola Moto X First Impression: Don’t Judge a Book By Its Cover (AT&T)
- Motorola PEBL Now Available
- Motorola Pink RAZR shipping in Germany