It was only last week that we provided you with a list of the 10 best, if not only iPhone 5 battery packs. It’s a relatively new handset, so the options aren’t as mainstream as I had hoped. That is until today.
Mophie is probably one of the most well known iPhone battery pack manufacturers, and today the company finally released a battery pack for the iPhone 5. To help promote the company’s newest iPhone 5 battery pack, they’ve named it Helium, which seems to insinuate that it’s both light weight and uplifting (in the battery sense). The company says that you’ll get double the battery life, as the Helium iPhone Battery case contains 1500 mAh of juice. Course, don’t expect to actually get double the battery life, at least based on my testing of their past battery cases. But that’s par for the course with any battery pack, as it doesn’t account for actual use of the phone. Nevertheless, I’ve always been impressed with Mophie’s battery packs, so getting one of these is a must for anyone that group text messages, or has a serious penchant for Instagramming.
According to Mophie, the Helium is 13% thinner than any of their previous iPhone battery packs. So by my calculation it should measure .59 inches thick (and according to the product page – I only realized it after the fact). Keep in mind that’s not the added girth to your iPhone 5 since the handset sits inside the case. In other words it won’t defeat the iPhone 5’s svelteness. As with all of Mophie’s previous iPhone battery packs, the Helium charges via a micro USB connection, includes a set ot LED battery indicator lights and can be switched off. Unfortunately, Mophie hasn’t said how much the Helium weighs.
The Mophie Juice Pack Helium goes on sale today for $80 and ships February 14th.
Note: the above price seems to be a 24 hour sale.
Also why not check out:
- 10 of the Best iPhone 5 Battery Cases (list)
- Ampware Crank Case Charges iPhone by Hand
- Apple iPhone 6s Smart Battery Case Specs and Price
- Case-Mate Fuel iPhone 3GS Battery Pack Review
- iKit’s NuCharge iPhone 4 Battery Case Ain’t Nothing New Despite The Name
- Incipio offGrid Pro Review
- iPhone X Wireless Battery Case Offers Protection And Charge
- Jackery Leaf Premium iPhone 5s Battery Case Review
- Magellan iPhone Toughcase: GPS, Backup Battery And Waterproofing
- Mophie and Intuit Process iPhone Case With Credit Card Reader
- Mophie juice pack PRO More Than Doubles the iPhone’s Battery Life
- Mophie Unveils Its Leather Hip Holsters For iPhones Using Juice Packs
- Moto Kit: Waterproof, Wrist Mounted iPhone Case With Battery Extender
- myCharge Freedom 2000 iPhone Battery Case Review
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX iPhone 5s Battery Case Review
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s Review
- Peri Duo Combines iPhone Battery Case and Mini Speakers
- Pronto Can Charge Your iPhone Five Times After Charging An Hour
- Protect Yourself With The Yellow Jacket iPhone Stun Gun Battery Extender Case (video)
- SEIDO INNOCELL PLUS Combo Review
- SpiderStyle i5d iPhone Battery Case Review
- The Shell Gives Your iPhone A Protective Wood Case And Charges It Wirelessly
- The World’s Thinnest iPhone Battery Is Now The Mili Power Pack
- Third Rail Case Brings a Replaceable Battery to the iPhone
- This Battery Case Is Completely Waterproof
- V-Moda VAMP: an iPhone Case Amplifier and Battery in One
- Veho Pebble Smartskin Gives 500 Extra Hours Of iPad Standby
- Ventev Powercase 2000 Review
- Win a Scosche: switchBACK surge g4 iPhone Battery Case from GadgetReview