Glasses are wonderful things to have in your life, but they’re not exactly perfect. Or stable. Or shatterproof. Come to think of it, glasses kind of suck. They need to be reengineered. So somebody on Kickstarter decided to fix it, with the power of physics, vacuums, and plastics.
The bottom has a technology called Smartgrip that, well, it’s right there on the label, but it does keep your glass stable by using the power of air pressure. When you put your glass down, the Smartgrip system traps air, creating an air pressure differential. Since air can’t stretch, your glass stays locked in. In fact, the glass can take five to ten pounds of force, so you can knock it over, but it’ll take a lot more work. The best part is that since it’s not a vacuum, you can just pick it up by lifting straight up. The air pressure returns to normal and it’s just like it’s a typical glass.
True, it won’t solve every problem you have with glassware. And, admittedly, the wine glass is a little bit clunky. But, if you’re going to get some glasses, or you happen to want a nice set of glasses in an area like a boat that traditional glassware can’t go, this might be a good option. Or if you drink too much and knock over glasses, although there, the cheaper method would be to dial it back a little.
Also why not check out:
- Boob Beer Bong
- Bottoms Up Beer Dispenser Fills Your Glass From the Bottom (video)
- Cooper’s DIY Beer Review: The Art of Simplicity
- Drink Cold, Frosty Beers With The Beer Glass Froster
- Fresh Beer Only Is The Only App Beer Nerds Need
- Frozen Beer Slushie Maker By Kirin Ichiban Makes Your Brewski Super Cold (video)
- Giant Fist Bumping Koozie
- Guinness Surger Offers Bar Draft Pint Using Ultrasonic Technology
- Kegtron Wireless Keg Monitor Makes Your Tap Smarter
- LD Carlson Deluxe Brewer’s Best Equipment Kit Review (Part 1)
- Morebeer Review: An Exercise in Home Brewing with their Super Deluxe Kit
- The Black Key Ring Gives Hooking On Your Keys A Little Style